Abra.com was designed to be accessible by all. Abra’s 5-star mobile app makes it simple for everyone to begin investing. Abra is available in 150+ countries. Abra allows people to invest in both cryptocurrencies and traditional assets such as stocks and ETFs, and also allows its users to manage their portfolios on the go via a mobile app.
Abra was founded in 2014 by Bill Barhydt, and Pete Kelly, and has managed to attract significant investment from a number of venture capital funds. Abra has raised approximately $35.5M in funding, and has been backed by Jungle Ventures, Arbor Ventures, and American Express.
Abra is the world’s first global investment app that enables you to invest in hundreds of cryptocurrencies* like Bitcoin, Ethereum, XRP, Litecoin, Stellar, Monero and many more all in one app.
Abra.com combines a safe cryptocurrency wallet and exchange in an easy-to-use experience. Add money to your wallet using a bank account or by using cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and Bitcoin Cash. Then exchange to any of the available cryptocurrencies, anytime you want — almost instantly.
With an Abra wallet you can quickly transfer any cryptocurrency purchased from external cryptocurrency exchanges or wallets like Coinbase, GDAX, Kraken, CEX.io, Square, Circle, Binance, Bittrex, Bitfinex, Shapeshift, Mycelium, etc.
Get started easily
Abra is a global investing app that offers the easiest way to start investing in hundreds of cryptocurrencies. Get started by simply adding money to your wallet in any of the following ways:
Bank: We support a variety of major and regional banks in the US American Express: US only. Eligible consumer cards include Amex cards, Bluebird, and Serve Visa or Mastercard: Debit and credit cards issued globally Crypto: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, or Bitcoin Cash, which can be easily transferred globally from any exchange or wallet.
The Abra app is a great choice for a range of investors — from the beginner getting started, all the way to the people looking for a simple way to build a unique portfolio across a number of crypto assets.
Is Abra safe to use?
Abra.com has been around since 2014, is a registered company in California and its founder and CEO, Bill Barhydt, is an experienced and relatively well-known fintech engineer in Silicon Valley.
Abra’s received over $35 million in funding from venture capital firms and other investors, including American Express, has won multiple start-up awards, has clear customer service channels and has built up a strong customer base. At the time of writing, the app has been downloaded almost 40,000 times in the last month.
However, it’s also unconventional, complex and technically secretive by cryptocurrency standards. It’s not open source, and has not published technical details on how its complex system really works.
Supported Currencies and Available Countries
Depending on the country of residence, you will have access to certain cryptos, stocks, and ETFs. US-based users are able to buy, sell, and trade with Bitcoin, Ether, Litecoin, and Bitcoin Cash. Currently, international users have access to 90 cryptocurrencies, such as BTC, BCH, ETH ZRX, AEON, ARDR, ARK, REP, BAT, BSV, BTS, and DASH, but starting with December 2019, they will be able to trade, buy, and sell 200 new cryptocurrencies.
Tips for securely storing your Abra.com
- Do your own research. Before sending any coins or private data to a wallet, make sure you have researched the wallet provider to make sure everything is above board. Keep an eye out for scam wallets, such as those using URLs only slightly different to the URLs of legitimate wallet providers, and check out some independent reviews for all the pros and cons.
- Back it up. Make use of your wallet’s back-up and restore facility so that if something ever goes wrong with your wallet, you’ll be able to recover your funds.
- Set a strong password. Now is not the time to be lazy when creating a password; take your time to create a strong and uncrackable code.
- Make use of all available security features. Make the most of all the security features your wallet offers, such as two-factor authentication or multi-signature transactions. It’ll offer increased protection for your funds and greater peace of mind for you.
- Update your antivirus software. Take care to regularly update the antivirus protection and anti-malware software on any device you will be using to access your wallet.
- Keep your private keys private. Last but not least, don’t underestimate the importance of your private keys. Store them somewhere safe and don’t share them with anyone else.
The Information Presented Here Does Not Constitute Investment Advice Or An Offer To Invest. The Statements, Views, And Opinions Expressed In This Article Are Solely Those Of The Author/company And Do Not Represent Those Of Coinworldstory. We Strongly Advise Our Readers To Do Your Own Research (DYOR) Before Investing In Any Cryptocurrency, Blockchain Project, Or Ico, Particularly Those That Guarantee Profits. Furthermore, Coinworldstory Does Not Guarantee Or Imply That The Cryptocurrencies Or Projects Published Are Legal In Any Specific Reader’s Location. It Is The Reader’s Responsibility To Know The Laws Regarding Cryptocurrencies And Icos In His Or Her Country. Please Respect Your Country Law & Take Advice From Your Advisor .