ARK (ARK), which is a fork of Lisk, is a project that offers a suite of tools to create an ecosystem of interoperable blockchains. Using the Delegated Proof-of-Stake (DPoS) consensus algorithm, ARK’s network is secured by delegates, who are appointed by ARK token holders through voting. ARK is also able to connect to external blockchains through the use of ‘SmartBridges’.
Ark was first launched by François-Xavier Thoorens and Lars Rensing. The Initial Token Exchange ran from November 7, 2016 to December 11, 2016. A total of 93,750,000 ARK, which is 75% of the 125 million tokens, went to the initial buyers. Bitcoin (BTC), Lisk (LSK), and other altcoins supported by Shapeshift crypto-exchange were accepted as payment for ARK tokens. The ARK Network officially launched in early 2017. By September of that year, Ark had surpassed a market capitalization of $300 million for the first time.
Best 3 Wallet For Storing BitShares
1. Ledger Nano S
Ledger Nano S is a USB sized hardware wallet specially designed for the cryptocurrency. As I have mentioned previously, the hardware wallets are expensive, so do this one but in return, you get a lot of features which are hard to find in any other type of cryptocurrency wallets, especially in terms of security and backup of your private key for the digital currency.
Ledge Nano S is not a plug and play type device. This means that you do not need to have a computer to use this wallet. The small LCD screen in the front of the wallet will allow you to operate your cryptocurrency wallet easily. It will allow you to do functions like transaction, exchange your digital currency, use the related apps and transfer money from one account to another account within seconds. The small size of Ledge Nano S will allow you to make it secure from the hackers or the thieves. Even in case of any lost; you can always get the backup and block the thief to get access to your cryptocurrency account.
2. ARK Desktop Wallet
Only one month has passed since the latest desktop wallet release and already we have a new version prepped and ready to go! Many new features are included (some requested by the community) and pesky bugs have been squashed.
New profile creation page The profile creation process has been completely remodeled. We have updated the graphics, included a solid background for better text readability and added several UI improvements that match our new design. A big thank you to the community members and developers who reported issues and helped our team with providing solutions.
3. The ARK mobile wallet
The ARK mobile wallet lets you interact with your ARK accounts on-the-go, from anywhere (with an internet connection). Sending or receiving ARK has never been easier! The ARK Mobile wallet supports the following features.
Tips for securely storing your Golem
- Do your own research. Before sending any coins or private data to a wallet, make sure you have researched the wallet provider to make sure everything is above board. Keep an eye out for scam wallets, such as those using URLs only slightly different to the URLs of legitimate wallet providers, and check out some independent reviews for all the pros and cons.
- Back it up. Make use of your wallet’s back-up and restore facility so that if something ever goes wrong with your wallet, you’ll be able to recover your funds.
- Set a strong password. Now is not the time to be lazy when creating a password; take your time to create a strong and uncrackable code.
- Make use of all available security features. Make the most of all the security features your wallet offers, such as two-factor authentication or multi-signature transactions. It’ll offer increased protection for your funds and greater peace of mind for you.
- Update your antivirus software. Take care to regularly update the antivirus protection and anti-malware software on any device you will be using to access your wallet.
- Keep your private keys private. Last but not least, don’t underestimate the importance of your private keys. Store them somewhere safe and don’t share them with anyone else.