About Bitwala Wallet
Bitwala Wallet want to empower people to exchange value like they exchange ideas. Globally, instantly and at the lowest possible cost. We’re a young, smart and internationally-minded team united by the same values. Bitwala started off as three friends and a dog with a simple idea for paying for everyday items with bitcoin. Back then, Bitcoin had enormous potential and nobody was using it.
Bitwala is bootstrapped and launches an MVP at the start of 2015. The first product is a bank transfer for cryptocurrencies with a prepaid debit card. Bitwala raises its first funding round of €800,000 from HTGF, DCG and an angel investor. Fast-forward to the opening of a bright office-space in Kreuzberg, the hiring of several employees, and a product that processes 75 million euro in transfers.
Trade directly from your bank account
With the Bitwala app, you can invest in cryptocurrencies directly from your bank account. Buy bitcoin or ether with just a few taps. We charge only 1%* in trading fees.
A better way to bank
We offer you the bank account of the future – today. Open your free bank account for everyday savings and payments. With integrated wallets, you can send and receive bitcoin and ether easily.
Make your bitcoin work for you
Bitwala Wallet interest account allows you to earn from your bitcoin. Watch your coins grow in real-time and cash out whenever you like. Get paid every Monday directly to your wallet.
Free debit card packed with perks
The Bitwala debit card is the perfect travel companion. With the Mastercard debit, contactless payment is possible everywhere as well as free cash withdrawals at over 40 million ATMs worldwide
Own your future #bitbybit
Bitwala believes that everyone should be able to create the financial future they want for themselves. From buying your own apartment to travelling the world on a passive income, whatever your goal is – we want to help you get there.
Live the revolution
Blockchain technology is going to change the world. We’re the catalyst. Be part of the community.
Not another bank
Trust and responsibility without old-fashioned thinking.
When our first product was destroyed, we came back stronger than ever.
Mind your karma
Be the best you can be and help your colleagues do the same. Lead by example.
The best idea wins
Value ideas over hierarchy. Listen, learn and speak your mind.
Aim for the moon
Well-funded, our team doubled in size within 6 months. Here’s a little secret: we’re going to be huge.
Bitcoin and Ethereum Wallets linked to your bank account
Your keys, your crypto
Bitwala Wallet offers user-controlled crypto wallets – you’re the only one that can access and control your funds and transactions, not us or anybody else.
Built-in 24/7 crypto trading
We make it easy to buy & sell Bitcoin and Ether with fast cash settlement – see your funds on your bank account or wallet within minutes.
No compromise on security
Bitwala Wallet non-custodial wallet solutions guarantee the highest industry standards and offer two-factor authentication, multi-signature keys and biometric authorization.
We’re here for you if you need us
We’re always just one tap away via our human customer support.
Tips for securely storing your Bitwala Wallet
- Do your own research. Before sending any coins or private data to a wallet, make sure you have researched the wallet provider to make sure everything is above board. Keep an eye out for scam wallets, such as those using URLs only slightly different to the URLs of legitimate wallet providers, and check out some independent reviews for all the pros and cons.
- Back it up. Make use of your wallet’s back-up and restore facility so that if something ever goes wrong with your wallet, you’ll be able to recover your funds.
- Set a strong password. Now is not the time to be lazy when creating a password; take your time to create a strong and uncrackable code.
- Make use of all available security features. Make the most of all the security features your wallet offers, such as two-factor authentication or multi-signature transactions. It’ll offer increased protection for your funds and greater peace of mind for you.
- Update your antivirus software. Take care to regularly update the antivirus protection and anti-malware software on any device you will be using to access your wallet.
- Keep your private keys private. Last but not least, don’t underestimate the importance of your private keys. Store them somewhere safe and don’t share them with anyone else.
The Information Presented Here Does Not Constitute Investment Advice Or An Offer To Invest. The Statements, Views, And Opinions Expressed In This Article Are Solely Those Of The Author/company And Do Not Represent Those Of Coinworldstory. We Strongly Advise Our Readers To Do Your Own Research (DYOR) Before Investing In Any Cryptocurrency, Blockchain Project, Or Ico, Particularly Those That Guarantee Profits. Furthermore, Coinworldstory Does Not Guarantee Or Imply That The Cryptocurrencies Or Projects Published Are Legal In Any Specific Reader’s Location. It Is The Reader’s Responsibility To Know The Laws Regarding Cryptocurrencies And Icos In His Or Her Country. Please Respect Your Country Law & Take Advice From Your Advisor .