Curecoin describes itself as a cryptographic utility token dedicated to replacing ASIC mining with protein folding computations – helping scientists find new medicines in lieu of mining hashes. Curecoin’s goal is to accelerate research in the medical sciences relating to Cancer, Alzheimer’s, Antibiotics, Diabetes, Huntington’s, Ebola, Zika, HIV, Parkinson’s, repurposing drug compounds, and Astrobiology.
With the Dec 2018 release of version 2.0, Curecoin claims to have become 90% more efficient compared to ASIC mining. Registered protein folding participants continue to receive distributions from the ‘automated oracle’ at Cryptobullionpools.com, with the premine balance cached in cold storage (visible on block explorers). The network has transitioned to pure Proof-of-Stake (averaging ~10% rewards annually), which works to secure Curecoin’s network.
The Curecoin system
The Curecoin system leverages Stanford’s* [email protected] distributed research software. As of 1 May 2019, Curecoin’s folding team is ranked #1 on the global [email protected] network. Development is focused on faster transactions, increased security, collaboration with science blockchain consortium partners (like FoldingCoin), as well as supporting philanthropic projects through the Curecoin Project’s 501c3 sponsor (Vision’s Made Viable).
The FoldingCoin Inc.
The FoldingCoin Inc. team and the Curecoin team have recently had a conference call to discuss each of the projects. Though the infrastructure and protocols used for each coin differ, FoldingCoin Inc. and Curecoin are both dedicated to attracting more folders and miners into the [email protected] project.
Both teams openly shared different ideas of how to approach gaining more adoption to [email protected] and the various projects and features each are working on. The main goal here is to stop wasting energy on Altcoins that use energy for creating copycat Bitcoin blockchains.
Mobile Wallet (Online Mobile Hot Wallet)
The folks at Coinpayments.net have created a mobile wallet for both Android and iOS which includes CURE. Best of all, it includes a full suite of merchant tools which covers over 60 altcoins!!!
Go to Coinpayments page to download the latest wallet:
- A note from Coinpayments:
- You only need this ONE Crypto Currency App: 55 Coins Wallets + Simple to use POS, Price Calculations in 27 Fiat Currency, Vaults, $PayByName … from the 1st. Alt Coin Payment Processor – Coinpayments.net
- Coinpayments offers businesses shopping cart plugins for all the popular webcarts used today.
Register and install a plugin to set up CoinPayments with your new or pre-existing checkout.
- Now you can easily access your CoinPayments account to send and receive coins, accept POS payments in person, and exchange many of our coins anywhere you have internet access.
Tips for securely storing your Curecoin The FoldingCoin Inc.
- Do your own research. Before sending any coins or private data to a wallet, make sure you have researched the wallet provider to make sure everything is above board. Keep an eye out for scam wallets, such as those using URLs only slightly different to the URLs of legitimate wallet providers, and check out some independent reviews for all the pros and cons.
- Back it up. Make use of your wallet’s back-up and restore facility so that if something ever goes wrong with your wallet, you’ll be able to recover your funds.
- Set a strong password. Now is not the time to be lazy when creating a password; take your time to create a strong and uncrackable code.
- Make use of all available security features. Make the most of all the security features your wallet offers, such as two-factor authentication or multi-signature transactions. It’ll offer increased protection for your funds and greater peace of mind for you.
- Update your antivirus software. Take care to regularly update the antivirus protection and anti-malware software on any device you will be using to access your wallet.
- Keep your private keys private. Last but not least, don’t underestimate the importance of your private keys. Store them somewhere safe and don’t share them with anyone else.
The Information Presented Here Does Not Constitute Investment Advice Or An Offer To Invest. The Statements, Views, And Opinions Expressed In This Article Are Solely Those Of The Author/company And Do Not Represent Those Of Coinworldstory. We Strongly Advise Our Readers To Do Your Own Research (DYOR) Before Investing In Any Cryptocurrency, Blockchain Project, Or Ico, Particularly Those That Guarantee Profits. Furthermore, Coinworldstory Does Not Guarantee Or Imply That The Cryptocurrencies Or Projects Published Are Legal In Any Specific Reader’s Location. It Is The Reader’s Responsibility To Know The Laws Regarding Cryptocurrencies And Icos In His Or Her Country. Please Respect Your Country Law & Take Advice From Your Advisor .