D.tube aims to become an alternative to YouTube that allows you to watch or upload videos on IPFS and share or comment about it on the immutable STEEM Blockchain, while earning cryptocurrency doing it. Being experts in decentralized web technologies and cryptography, D.tube designed a new framework leveraging community interactions to solve these issues.
Token Basic Information
|Social Media||Facebook, Twitter, Telegram|
|Whitepaper||Click Here For View Whitepaper|
|Website||Click Here For Visit ICO Homepage|
- The lack of transparency creates distrust: Social medias show no transparency of their algorithmic content distribution, revenue sharing or use of personal data
- Automated moderation is inefficient: social medias proved inefficient in blocking inappropriate content (thus tackling brand association risks for advertisers) and letting creative work thrive (without censorship or “demonetization”). Manual moderation by employees doesn’t show better results.
- Revenue sharing declines: some social media share revenues with content creators but most of them don’t and monetization thresholds are increasingly hard to reach. Regular users are not compensated for being marketing targets.
- Re-create trust with a censorship-free decentralized hosting infrastructure, fully transparent and open source code and no collection of personal data
- Community-powered moderation: Content’s popularity, moderation and classification is determined by user’s upvotes, downvotes and tags without algorithmic alteration.
- A token model to reward all users: A “social blockchain” mechanism distributes cryptocurrency token rewards to all users (creators, influencers, viewers) for their social contributions (post, vote, tag).
Accumulate Voting Power
D.tube Coin” (DTC) is a utility token that distributes “Voting Power” (VP) every hour (+1 VP per DTC owned). Users need to purchase the first DTCs to start playing and VP accumulates in every user account every hour.
Spend Voting Power
Users can then spend their VP to post, vote, tag and comment on videos
Earn D.tube Coins (DTC)
In real time, the blockchain algorithm generates and distributes new DTC to users to reward them according to their vote popularity
The need to re-create trust in social medias
Since the inception of Facebook 15 years ago, social networks completely remodeled the way people socially interact by sharing opinions, information or emotions with friends or celebrities. However, following recent scandals, users and creators realized that major actors don’t fight for their interests anymore and have lost trust in their platforms:
- Privacy breaches and massive uncontrolled collection of personal data
- Inability to moderate content and fake news without censorship
- No transparency over revenue sharing or monetization algorithms, no control over suggested videos
A few platforms became so powerful in this field, nations even think about ways to limit their influence or increase their transparency.
Limits of the advertising model
Thanks to their massive audiences, social media platforms designed highly performant ad services by offering advertisers a cheaper, more impactful and more customizable advertising solution than traditional TV and offline medias. However, the recent trends are showing a limit to this model: less revenue sharing with content creators, increasing ad pressure for viewers and concerns on the collection of personal data are creating user discontent. Meanwhile, automated moderation of user-generated content creates brand association risks for advertisers. Platforms responded to these issues by tightening moderation which led inaccurate censorship and unfair demonetization of users’ content but without significantly improving protection of advertiser’s brand image. This situation creates the need for a new model that respects user privacy, can self-moderate content in an effective way without censorship which creates trust for all stakeholders.
Reward community contributions in D.tube
Collaborative models appealing to the community proved very successful over time by leveraging the power of user’s contributions (sharing goods or services, car-sharing, community reviews, open source code contributions, etc.). In the social media space, platforms thrived by offering a direct relationship between users and curators (Reddit), video creators (Youtube), friends (Facebook), celebrities (Instagram), experts (Wikipedia), developers (Github), etc On D.tube, users post, vote, comment and tag content. For each contribution, they may earn a reward in cryptocurrency tokens. Tokens can then be used either to promote content on the platform or exchanged against value (currencies, goods, services).
Opportunity #1: A massive and dynamic market
Video is the most engaging type of content on the web today: it accounted for 75% of all internet traffic in 2017, expected to rise up to 82% by 20221. Online video represents a huge and soaring market with more than 8.5 Billion hours watched online every day and $33 billion in video ad spent worldwide in 2018 (+ 20% YoY). Overall market is expected to grow at a rate of +15% per year over the next 5 years.
Opportunity #2: Reward curators to create a new edge
Social blockchain offers a new edge on classic social medias by rewarding the curator. Curators are users who like to share their knowledge on a specific topic by chasing the best content and sharing it to the community (e.g.: a hip-hop DJ curates songs for his fans). On D.tube, curators use their skills to seek content to either:
- Share from the web – by posting a link of a third-party video website to DTube
- Interact on D.tube– by voting and tagging the most relevant video posts
Features of D.tube
Resistant to censorship
Because of the decentralized nature of IPFS and the STEEM blockchain, D.tube is not able to censor videos, nor enforce guidelines. Only the users can censor it, through the power of their upvotes and downvotes.
A fair platform
On DTube, there are no hidden algorithms controlling the visibility or monetization of certain videos over others. All of DTube’s data is public, and can be analyzed by anyone with an internet connection.
Also Read – Click Here for Read All ICO ReviewThis article is writing on 3 April 2020 based on information available online & news portal. If you feel it’s outdated or incorrect, please write here to update it. Mail us: [email protected] Or Whatsapp Us- +13098896258
Share this post