Einsteinium (EMC2) is a community-driven cryptocurrency that leverages blockchain technology to raise capital for scientific research.
This is accomplished through a mining tax that creates a pool of funds to provide grants to deserving applicants. Mined blocks will make a compulsory 2.5% donation to the Einsteinium Foundation’s fund and the community will vote on which scientific project to fund. With the integration of crowdfunding into the process, the Einsteinium Foundation aims to raise awareness for myriad projects and causes. To date, the Foundation has reportedly contributed 16M of EMC2 coins for science projects.
Einsteinium EMC2 is a Scrypt coin that uses the Kimoto gravity well with a 50% block reduction and a 60 second block time to democratize the mining process. The EMC2 coin supports wallets for Windows, Mac, and Android.
They believe transparency creates better fundraising systems. By reducing waste and eliminating corruption, Einsteinium will enable the global community to efficiently and securely support scientific research, charitable and political causes, as well as education and IT.
As a member of the Bitcoin family, we are committed to the open source world and improvement of core code functionalities. We believe in the transformative power of open source to eliminate income inequality, destroy corruption, break down barriers and build global communities.
A core value of the Einsteinium Foundation is education. We are dedicated to sharing our ideas openly with others. One of most vital goals is to increase knowledge and awareness and to support new talents in the blockchain ecosystem. We welcome all to participate in building a better future.
The Einsteinium Foundation’s mission is utilize blockchain technology to generate funds for scientific research. There are two ways this is accomplished. The first is through a mining tax which creates a pool of funds providing grants to deserving applicants. The second is maintaining a currency which allows for a more transparent and trustful way to support causes. Einsteinium coin is designed to reduce waste and eradicate corruption where it is needed most: charity and politics.
They recently integrated crowd funding into the process. This enables us to raise awareness for more projects and causes, coin, sponsor items, and the benefits of cryptocurrency to a wider audience. So far the Foundation has contributed 16M of EMC2 coins for science projects.
EMC2 has activated SegWit on the network, lightning network second layer protocol and 1 minute block time all of this making transactions fast and reducing blockchain size.
EMC2 implemented dPoW security mechanism into its core making it 51% attack resistant. The wallets use up to date encryption and private keys are stored only on your machine.
EMC2 is openly traded and mined across the globe. Foundation does not control assets in any way, your coins belong just to you!
Your EMC2 coins anytime, anywhere.
Download wallet for desktop, laptop or your mobile phone and store EMC2 coins securely on the device of your choice.
Although storing coins on most top exchanges is pretty safe, storing coins on wallet is so far most secure way since only you will have access and control over them.
Latest wallet version is 0.13.5 – Lightsaber. Check wallets page for more info. Make sure you have a backup of your existing wallet before starting the new one.
Tips for securely storing your MOAC
- Do your own research. Before sending any coins or private data to a wallet, make sure you have researched the wallet provider to make sure everything is above board. Keep an eye out for scam wallets, such as those using URLs only slightly different to the URLs of legitimate wallet providers, and check out some independent reviews for all the pros and cons.
- Back it up. Make use of your wallet’s back-up and restore facility so that if something ever goes wrong with your wallet, you’ll be able to recover your funds.
- Set a strong password. Now is not the time to be lazy when creating a password; take your time to create a strong and uncrackable code.
- Make use of all available security features. Make the most of all the security features your wallet offers, such as two-factor authentication or multi-signature transactions. It’ll offer increased protection for your funds and greater peace of mind for you.
- Update your antivirus software. Take care to regularly update the antivirus protection and anti-malware software on any device you will be using to access your wallet.
- Keep your private keys private. Last but not least, don’t underestimate the importance of your private keys. Store them somewhere safe and don’t share them with anyone else.