Electroneum are using the power of blockchain to unlock the global digital economy for millions of people in the developing world. Helping everyone to live life on their own terms, our solution is enabling people to embrace their entrepreneurial spirit and find new ways to enhance their lives.
In August 2015, the basis of what has now become the Electroneum ecosystem started to develop. Richard sought the technical abilities of his team at Retortal, one of Richard’s other companies, to develop their own cryptocurrency. Whilst the design of that initial cryptocurrency was very different to what is seen today, it forged a path that enabled Richard and the team to structure the cryptocurrency to their specific use case.
Throughout the rest of 2015 and 2016, Richard and the team continued to build upon the project. In January 2017, Richard formally raised the initial investment required to launch the cryptocurrency, subsequently forming Electroneum Ltd in July 2017.
In September 2017, Electroneummade ETN coins available for sale in their Initial Coin Offering (ICO), also known as a token sale. The ETN coin sale was a great success closing early after having achieved the maximum Bitcoin and Ethereum targets. The Electroneum ICO is still the record holder for the largest ICO ever to take place by participant numbers (120K+). The value of the Bitcoin and Ethereum that was used to purchase ETN was $40 million USD at the time the sale closed.
Best 2 Wallet For Storing Electroneum
1. Electroneum Wallet App
The mobile phone wallet has been specifically designed to be extremely user-friendly. Needless to say, when something is designed to be easy and convenient, it is not strong in terms of security. Malware can infect devices running the Electroneum app wallet easily. This can be very costly. One of the best things about the wallet app is that eventually, you would be able to use your phone’s processing power to mine ETN, proving it to be regarded as one of the best Electroneum wallets IOS. This might reduce its battery life and could slow down your device, but the team behind ETN wanted to make the platform appeal to the millions of people who live in developing nations and have access to smartphones.
Download: Electroneum Android wallet app
2. Electroneum Paper Wallet
Electroneum paper wallet could be very easy to set up which can leave security to complete chance as in it completely depends on the user. Alternatively, an Electroneum paper wallet can be quite difficult to set up in a way that is entirely safe. If you know exactly how to do and do it properly, it would be one of the most secure cryptocurrency wallets around. If you accidentally set it up using a machine contaminated with malware, your wallet wouldn’t be secure at all. How far you’d want to take the security precautions will actually depend on just how much you are storing on the ETN wallet generator.
3. Electroneum Web Wallet
This is the official web or online wallet for Electroneum and deserves to be included in the Electroneum wallets list. Your online Electroneum wallet would also require two-factor authentication, Captcha verification, and a PIN every time you log in to manage it so that there are additional layers of security and hence proved to be the most secure wallet. This can even grow out to be one of the best Electroneum Wallets 2019.
4 Electroneum CLI Wallet
Electroneum CLI (command line interface) wallet which comes along with their mining software is quite a nifty piece of software which lets you manage the funds. You can also use it to view the electroneum wallet balance and past transactions, send ETN somewhere else and more. The program runs in the command line hence it might take some time getting used to, but the commands are intuitive and easy.
5 Electroneum Desktop Wallet
This wallet is one of the most secure and convenient desktop wallets as per the Electroneum wallets review. You might get the steps on how to create Electroneum wallets in the Electroneum wallet download section. This supports Linux, Windows, and Mac operating system. ETN wallet address should be correct and must be verified before sending tokens.
Download: Electroneum desktop wallet
Tips for securely storing your Steem
- Do your own research. Before sending any coins or private data to a wallet, make sure you have researched the wallet provider to make sure everything is above board. Keep an eye out for scam wallets, such as those using URLs only slightly different to the URLs of legitimate wallet providers, and check out some independent reviews for all the pros and cons.
- Back it up. Make use of your wallet’s back-up and restore facility so that if something ever goes wrong with your wallet, you’ll be able to recover your funds.
- Set a strong password. Now is not the time to be lazy when creating a password; take your time to create a strong and uncrackable code.
- Make use of all available security features. Make the most of all the security features your wallet offers, such as two-factor authentication or multi-signature transactions. It’ll offer increased protection for your funds and greater peace of mind for you.
- Update your antivirus software. Take care to regularly update the antivirus protection and anti-malware software on any device you will be using to access your wallet.
- Keep your private keys private. Last but not least, don’t underestimate the importance of your private keys. Store them somewhere safe and don’t share them with anyone else.