FoldingCoin (FLDC) is a cryptocurrency token and operates on the Counterparty platform. FoldingCoin has a current supply of 1,000,000,000 FLDC with 778,797,162 FLDC in circulation. The last known price of FoldingCoin is $0.000329 USD and is down 0.51% over the last 24 hours. It is currently trading on 1 active market(s) with $172 USD traded over the last 24 hours.
FoldingCoin (FLDC) is a digital token that compensates participants (folders) for their [email protected] (FAH) computational power. With growing community support, more folders are consistently joining the FAH network, to help find cures for cancer, Alzheimer’s, and many other viral diseases. With the Merged Folding platform, you can earn more than just FLDC, but also other cryptocurrencies.
To start earning FLDC, please use FOLDING BROWSER if you are on Windows, as this will ensure that you are setup correctly to receive FLDC and our partner coin CURECOIN.
[email protected] (FAH) is a project by Stanford University that has been running since October 2000. FAH uses idle computer power to help simulate how proteins fold in the human body. This research is then used to help researchers find cures for diseases such as cancer and Alzheimer’s.
Researchers normally have to spend millions of dollars on Supercomputers to do these simulations. With FAH and the power of the internet, the workload is broken up into small Work Units (WU) and sent to anyone who downloads and runs the FAH program on their computer. This allows Stanford to get the research done without the need of Supercomputers, but rather with the help of many individuals running the program.
What Does FoldingCoin
Foldingcoin.net provides an incentive to Folders by distributing FLDC and other tokens, based on the amount of computational power contributed to FAH. Stanford has a STATS PAGE that tracks all the work being completed by each individual folder. Folders earn “points” by completing WUs in a timely manner. At the end of each month, the FoldingCoin organization downloads the stats of each folder and distributes FLDC proportionate to the amount of completed work. FoldingCoin’s primary objective is to contribute to the humanitarian cause of the FAH project by substantially increasing the FAH network by providing an incentive-based rewards system.
- Common Hardware: Unlike the expensive hardware required for mining on latest crypto platforms, FoldingCoin allows mining with AMD/ATI/Nvidia GPUs. Therefore, it is easy to mine this coin with minimal hardware requirements.
- Counterparty: The protocol provides a strong system of security for the FoldingCoin platform. It allows the platform to lock the issuance of assets, barring even the owner of the assets from bringing the token into the market. Furthermore, it eliminates the risk of 51% attacks.
- Ease of Setup: FAH presents a download-and-go program to launch itself. It runs in the background with simple settings and is, therefore, easy to set up and use.
- Large User Base: FAH is the world’s largest distributed computing platform, after Bitcoin. It uses almost 50 PetaFLOPS of power, making it a large community of users. The presence of a large number of users on the platform also facilitates the spread of awareness regarding its reward system.
Lumi FoldingCoin wallet
You can always use the Lumi blockchain wallet as a multi-currency wallet for more than 1000 crypto assets or as a mono-wallet, for example – FoldingCoin wallet to safely manage all of your FoldingCoin tokens. Lumi also provides FoldingCoin mobile wallet app for Android and IOS and web FoldingCoin wallet for all browsers.
Tips for securely storing your Foldingcoin.net
- Do your own research. Before sending any coins or private data to a wallet, make sure you have researched the wallet provider to make sure everything is above board. Keep an eye out for scam wallets, such as those using URLs only slightly different to the URLs of legitimate wallet providers, and check out some independent reviews for all the pros and cons.
- Back it up. Make use of your wallet’s back-up and restore facility so that if something ever goes wrong with your wallet, you’ll be able to recover your funds.
- Set a strong password. Now is not the time to be lazy when creating a password; take your time to create a strong and uncrackable code.
- Make use of all available security features. Make the most of all the security features your wallet offers, such as two-factor authentication or multi-signature transactions. It’ll offer increased protection for your funds and greater peace of mind for you.
- Update your antivirus software. Take care to regularly update the antivirus protection and anti-malware software on any device you will be using to access your wallet.
- Keep your private keys private. Last but not least, don’t underestimate the importance of your private keys. Store them somewhere safe and don’t share them with anyone else.