About ICON (ICX)
The ICON Network is comprised of various institutions ranging from: financial institutions, insurance companies, hospitals, universities and more. ICONex is ICON’s Wallet supporting ICX and various cryptocurrencies. ICONex boasts faster transactions, secure payments, and liquid exchange across multiple cryptocurrencies with user-friendly UX and UI.
ICON plans to “hyperconnect the world” by building a massive decentralised network that will allow different blockchains to interact with one another. This ambitious project has attracted plenty of attention throughout the cryptosphere and seen ICON’s ICX token become firmly entrenched as a top-30 digital currency by market cap as at May 2018.
Best 3 Wallet For Storing ICON
1. ICONex Wallet
ICONex, ICON’s official wallet service, was launched in February 2018. Initially available as a Chrome browser extension, which was still undergoing beta testing at time of writing (May 2018), ICONex will also expand to Android and iOS wallets in the future.
As well as ICX, the wallet can be used to store Ether (ETH) and Ethereum-based ERC20 tokens. However, be aware that if you wish to send ICX ERC20 tokens (these are the ICX tokens currently in circulation) to the wallet, you’ll need to transfer them to the ETH wallet address rather than the ICX mainnet coin address.
ICONex, ICON’s official wallet service
2. Ledger Nano S
The Nano S stores your private keys in a secure element, which is protected by a PIN, and also features a built-in display and confirmation buttons so you can manually verify transactions. It also supports several other popular cryptos, including bitcoin, bitcoin cash, Ether and Litecoin, but you’ll need to be willing to fork out €79 (around INR6,350) plus tax to get your hands on a Nano S.
Ledger Nano S
With support for almost 500 other tokens on the Ethereum network, Eidoo also allows you to store popular currencies like Ether, EOS, TRON, VeChain, OmiseGO and many more. Available for desktop as well as Android and iOS mobile devices, Eidoo is a hierarchical deterministic (HD) wallet that allows you to store all your tokens with a single back-up passphrase.
Private keys always remain in your control and are encrypted on your device, while sending, receiving and storing your currency is quick and easy. It also features a hybrid exchange that allows cross-trading amongst ETH and different ERC20 assets.
Download Eidoo Wallet
Tips for securely storing your ICON
To make sure your XVG and any other coins and tokens are always stored as securely as possible, remember a few simple tips:
- Keep your private keys private. Look for a wallet that allows you to retain control of your private keys rather than storing them on third-party servers, and remember to keep them somewhere safe and to never share them with anyone else.
- Use two-factor authentication. If your wallet gives you the option of setting up two-factor authentication, do it. This provides an extra layer of security against hacking attacks and is a simple way to protect your holdings.
- Secure your PC. Make sure your computer is protected with the latest antivirus and anti-malware software to safeguard against hacking.
- Create strong passwords. Don’t be lazy when creating passwords; create strong passwords that are at least 15 characters long and include upper and lower case letters, numbers and other options.
- Always back up your data. From critical hard drive malfunctions to house fires and even natural disasters, all manner of unexpected mishaps could potentially make it impossible to retrieve your data. With this in mind, make sure to back up your wallet on a regular basis.
The Information Presented Here Does Not Constitute Investment Advice Or An Offer To Invest. The Statements, Views, And Opinions Expressed In This Article Are Solely Those Of The Author/company And Do Not Represent Those Of Coinworldstory. We Strongly Advise Our Readers To Do Your Own Research (DYOR) Before Investing In Any Cryptocurrency, Blockchain Project, Or Ico, Particularly Those That Guarantee Profits. Furthermore, Coinworldstory Does Not Guarantee Or Imply That The Cryptocurrencies Or Projects Published Are Legal In Any Specific Reader’s Location. It Is The Reader’s Responsibility To Know The Laws Regarding Cryptocurrencies And Icos In His Or Her Country. Please Respect Your Country Law & Take Advice From Your Advisor .