Loopring (LRC) is a decentralized exchange (DEX) protocol. The project employs off-chain order messaging and on-chain transactions to ensure that users retain custody of their tokens. Loopring is blockchain-agnostic, meaning that it can be used across multiple platforms. It has 3 cryptocurrency tokens: LRC (Ethereum), LRN (NEO), and LRQ (Qtum). Each is used to enable trades without locking cryptocurrency balances. Ring Miners match, verify, and settle trades via Order Rings stored on smart contracts. To date, Loopring has established partnerships with the likes of PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), DeFi, and Berkeley.
Loopring is open sourced and offers open participation. Anyone can become a DEX with our software: you can join our DEX network to share liquidity, or create and manage your own DEX network. Sharing liquidity greatly improves your competitive advantage.
Loopring is risk-free and low-cost as relayers don’t hold users’ assets. You can match orders without asset reserves, lowering barriers to entry.
Alternatively, run a relayer while owning token reserves and provide extra liquidity by adding your own orders, earning more money as a market-maker in the process.
Noncommital and nonbinding. As a participant in the Loopring ecosystem, you can stop at any time, without impacting your or your users’ assets.
For the general public, your best bet at getting LRN at inception is through the airdrops. LRN will have three separate airdrops where the holders of Loopring Ethereum (LRC) will receive LRN.
The three LRN airdrops will happen on July 5th, 2018; September 5th, 2018; and November 5th, 2018. Each airdrop will be 20% of the total supply of LRN, adding up to 60% of the total supply as designated in the token allocation
LRN Token Sale
Loopring NEO is selling LRN to accredited investors around the world. They’re using the Simple Agreement for Future Tokens (SAFT) framework for these token sales to maintain compliance. This means that private investors enter into a legal agreement to receive tokens once the network is operational. Regulators like the SEC might view an ICO investment as a securitized asset because no product exists. Using SAFT, projects and investors are basically doing an end run on regulators, promising tokens once the network is operational and the tokens have real utility.
The token generation will have the following distribution:
- 60% Airdrop
- 30% Sale to Investors
- 5% Core Developers
- 5% Incentives for Partners, 3rd Party Devs, & Marketing
The total supply of LRN will be 139,507,605.45. This is exactly 1/10 of the total supply of LRC. However, the currency isn’t necessarily less or more valuable based on total supply. The number of LRC doesn’t matter. What matters is the portion of the total supply you own and the growth of Loopring NEO’s market capitalization.
Tips for securely storing your Golem
- Do your own research. Before sending any coins or private data to a wallet, make sure you have researched the wallet provider to make sure everything is above board. Keep an eye out for scam wallets, such as those using URLs only slightly different to the URLs of legitimate wallet providers, and check out some independent reviews for all the pros and cons.
- Back it up. Make use of your wallet’s back-up and restore facility so that if something ever goes wrong with your wallet, you’ll be able to recover your funds.
- Set a strong password. Now is not the time to be lazy when creating a password; take your time to create a strong and uncrackable code.
- Make use of all available security features. Make the most of all the security features your wallet offers, such as two-factor authentication or multi-signature transactions. It’ll offer increased protection for your funds and greater peace of mind for you.
- Update your antivirus software. Take care to regularly update the antivirus protection and anti-malware software on any device you will be using to access your wallet.
- Keep your private keys private. Last but not least, don’t underestimate the importance of your private keys. Store them somewhere safe and don’t share them with anyone else.