Founded in 2015, Manna describes itself as the ‘world’s first digital asset to be distributed on the principles of Universal Basic Income’. The goal is to enable greater decentralization and wider scale distribution of the asset to larger numbers of people. Further, it allows for more global accessibility resulting in better long term adoption. Manna claims to be one of the first cryptocurrencies to be managed by a US based 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
In order to receive the Manna basic income, users must sign up on Mannabase.com. Mannabase.com is a social platform that rewards users for their participation, gamifies giving, and aims to inspire meaningful connections. The project aims to create a ‘web of trust identity network’ and reward users of the platform with the weekly social dividend (universal basic income) in the form of the digital token Manna. From there, users will be able to support one another’s content, trade goods and services in their online marketplace, and create a giving portfolio that distributes value to individuals, organizations, and targeted groups of the user’s choosing.
The People’s Currency
Manna is the world’s first universally accessible, people-powered alternative currency. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we believe you have a basic human right to share in the money supply.
The Manna User Platform
Give directly to customized groups of people using various metrics like location, age, sex, etc. (Coming soon)
Connect with friends, family and discover other users from around the world.
Place to Receive UBI
Receive Manna universal basic income distributions in your web based wallet.
How to buy
Buying Manna (MANNA) for funds from your bank requires a 2-step process. You’re going to buy some BTC or ETH from an exchange that accepts deposits from a debit card or bank account, and then you’re going to transfer your newly bought crypto to a marketplace that sells MANNA in exchange for bitcoin or Ether.
Coinbase is the world’s most trusted place to buy and sell cryptocurrency. Open an account today, and if you buy or sell $100 or more of crypto, you’ll receive $10 worth of free Bitcoin!
Tips for securely storing your Manna
- Do your own research. Before sending any coins or private data to a wallet, make sure you have researched the wallet provider to make sure everything is above board. Keep an eye out for scam wallets, such as those using URLs only slightly different to the URLs of legitimate wallet providers, and check out some independent reviews for all the pros and cons.
- Back it up. Make use of your wallet’s back-up and restore facility so that if something ever goes wrong with your wallet, you’ll be able to recover your funds.
- Set a strong password. Now is not the time to be lazy when creating a password; take your time to create a strong and uncrackable code.
- Make use of all available security features. Make the most of all the security features your wallet offers, such as two-factor authentication or multi-signature transactions. It’ll offer increased protection for your funds and greater peace of mind for you.
- Update your antivirus software. Take care to regularly update the antivirus protection and anti-malware software on any device you will be using to access your wallet.
- Keep your private keys private. Last but not least, don’t underestimate the importance of your private keys. Store them somewhere safe and don’t share them with anyone else.