Maxcoin (MAX) is a cryptocurrency. Users are able to generate MAX through the process of mining. Maxcoin has a current supply of 61,445,805 MAX. The last known price of Maxcoin is $0.004143 USD and is up 0.07% over the last 24 hours.
Maxcoin pro-actively aligns itself to the core principles of interdependence and decentralisation. Whilst combining the strengths of individuals through positive teamwork, we are creating a true eco-system of human interaction and collaboration. Maxcoin is here for all.
Maxcoin is your coin, it’s in your hands, the early adopters, miners, developers and enthusiasts. Together, the community can build and promote maxcoin for worldwide adoption. Open source, old school, no pre-mine, community driven cryptocurrency featuring next generation encryption SHA-3/Keccak with Schnorr Signatures.
Why organic growth?
Maxcoin believe that when a cryptocurrency is allowed to grow organically thru effective management and planning and via developers instead of marketers & financers it can remain loyal to the core mission.
The success of maxcoin will be thru skilful execution and integration, and not via a quick money grab or funding scheme. Although, the advantages of inorganic growth can be immediate in the cryptocurrency world, we must not forget that that is the world we are escaping.
Why NOT in-organic growth?
Firstly, maxcoin has no funds to support in-organic growth, just humans with a desire to contribute to the network. Secondly, the world of mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and market share, things that are prevalent in the ICO/token industrial complex should not be a keystone of a cryptocurrency. It is accelerated growth based on a promise to the community, ultimately falling short of expectations, a house of cards.
Maxcoin Security & Features
The Maxcoin network is a robust & secure cryptocurrency with 3 main differentials to Bitcoin. Keccak, Schnorr & Kimoto Gravity Well.
Keccak SHA-3 algorithm for Proof of Work.
Maxcoins transaction security has been upgraded with next-generation, Keccak SHA-3 algorithm for Proof of Work. Whilst SHA-2 was designed and developed closed-door by the NSA, Keccak was subject to an open competition with design and peer preview (NIST). Keccak was also chosen as the official successor for SHA-256 after being a finalist and finally winning a 5 year long international competition run by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and as such choosen as the successor to SHA-256. Special Note: Keccak is also much greener than SHA-256 and many other hashing functions, reducing cryptocurrencies ecological footprint.
Schnorr Signing Algorithm.
Maxcoin addresses use Schnorr for signing algorithm allowing exciting developments such as “native multisig” to be used, and an upgraded cryptographic field for key generation and an increase in performance. Maxcoin uses Secp256r1 as it’s cryptographic field to generate key pairs for addresses: A carefully-designed elliptical curve from which points are selected and used to initialise the public and private keys. The use of the Secp256k1 field is specifically recommended by NIST, an organisation that sets the standards for US government cryptography.
Paper Wallet Generator
A paper wallet is a method of keeping a private key safe, allowing you to store your MaxCoin offline. This method is known as “cold storage”, and is the safest way to store cryptocurrency long-term.
Tips for securely storing your Maxcoin
- Do your own research. Before sending any coins or private data to a wallet, make sure you have researched the wallet provider to make sure everything is above board. Keep an eye out for scam wallets, such as those using URLs only slightly different to the URLs of legitimate wallet providers, and check out some independent reviews for all the pros and cons.
- Back it up. Make use of your wallet’s back-up and restore facility so that if something ever goes wrong with your wallet, you’ll be able to recover your funds.
- Set a strong password. Now is not the time to be lazy when creating a password; take your time to create a strong and uncrackable code.
- Make use of all available security features. Make the most of all the security features your wallet offers, such as two-factor authentication or multi-signature transactions. It’ll offer increased protection for your funds and greater peace of mind for you.
- Update your antivirus software. Take care to regularly update the antivirus protection and anti-malware software on any device you will be using to access your wallet.
- Keep your private keys private. Last but not least, don’t underestimate the importance of your private keys. Store them somewhere safe and don’t share them with anyone else.