MintCoin is the pioneer Proof-of-Stake coin to convert from Proof of Work in 2014. Its unique status as a coin efficient for both everyday use and long-term store of value aims to create a more rewarding cryptocurrency use experience.
MintCoin is an eco-friendly PoS coin designed with the fresh dual-purpose as both a self-growing store of value, and a fast, efficient means for every-day transactions, all while saving the Earth from energy-hungry PoW mining operations.
MintCoin (MINT) is a cryptocurrency. MintCoin has a current supply of 24,947,260,808 MINT. The last known price of MintCoin is $0.000106 USD and is up 2.21% over the last 24 hours. It is currently trading on 3 active market(s) with $520 USD traded over the last 24 hours.
With the advent of the cryptocurrency mining craze, the power-consumption of mining operations across the globe rose to unprecedented amounts, even eclipsing the annual energy usage of some of the largest cities in the world.
MintCoin’s purpose is to relieve the dependency on costly blockchain networks built upon massive conglomerations of energy-hungry mining rigs, and create a blockchain that is both eco-friendly and universally efficient for everyday transactions and as a store of value with a true ROI.
How does MintCoin Achieve this
Store of Value
MintCoin rewards network supporters with a 5% return on their staked holdings every year. This gives MintCoin great appeal as a store-of-value with a true ROI, without rampant circulation growth. Coins held in a MintCoin Wallet begin to “mint” new coins regularly within 20 days. This “staking” produces consistent ROI that the user can see within a short time-horizon.
Transaction confirmations happen within seconds- not minutes- and due to the low-energy usage required to maintain the network, transaction fees are miniscule relative to most blockchains in existence. Sending $20 in MintCoin to your favorite charity only costs a fraction of a penny and is confirmed as quickly as a modern debit-card transaction.
Decentralized and open-source
MintCoin is a decentralized currency based on an open-source platform. There is no central control over the coin.
MintCoin creates new currency at a rate of 5% of total currently staked coins per year. This provides a benefit for holders of MintCoin using it as a store of value or long-term investment. Unlike stashing fiat money or even your paper BTC wallet sitting idly under your bed, MintCoin will actually grow if you hold it in your wallet for a set amount of days, rather than succumb to inflation.
This distributes growth of wealth evenly among stakeholders, rather than give all the profits to whomever has the biggest, most energy-hungry mining farms. Anyone can grow their MintCoins, whether you have 100 or 1 million MintCoins. With new coins being made for only staked coins, MintCoin rewards its network supporters by only minting new coins and paying transaction fees to those who have staked X amount of days.
It’s possible that, while your holdings increase 5%, the total currency may only increase by 1%. Through this, we believe that blockchain can both create wealth, store value, and even be actively utilized to make a difference. Newly Minted coins require 20 confirmations. Then they’re yours to continue claiming staking rewards,
This release is mostly because they had some infected binaries published on GitHub for version 2.1.0. These were taken down as soon as they were discovered and all accounts that could have published these were either disabled or had their passwords updated. To help people using the MintCoin wallet be sure that they are using a clean version, we are releasing 2.1.1.
Tips for securely storing your MintCoin
- Do your own research. Before sending any coins or private data to a wallet, make sure you have researched the wallet provider to make sure everything is above board. Keep an eye out for scam wallets, such as those using URLs only slightly different to the URLs of legitimate wallet providers, and check out some independent reviews for all the pros and cons.
- Back it up. Make use of your wallet’s back-up and restore facility so that if something ever goes wrong with your wallet, you’ll be able to recover your funds.
- Set a strong password. Now is not the time to be lazy when creating a password; take your time to create a strong and uncrackable code.
- Make use of all available security features. Make the most of all the security features your wallet offers, such as two-factor authentication or multi-signature transactions. It’ll offer increased protection for your funds and greater peace of mind for you.
- Update your antivirus software. Take care to regularly update the antivirus protection and anti-malware software on any device you will be using to access your wallet.
- Keep your private keys private. Last but not least, don’t underestimate the importance of your private keys. Store them somewhere safe and don’t share them with anyone else.
The Information Presented Here Does Not Constitute Investment Advice Or An Offer To Invest. The Statements, Views, And Opinions Expressed In This Article Are Solely Those Of The Author/company And Do Not Represent Those Of Coinworldstory. We Strongly Advise Our Readers To Do Your Own Research (DYOR) Before Investing In Any Cryptocurrency, Blockchain Project, Or Ico, Particularly Those That Guarantee Profits. Furthermore, Coinworldstory Does Not Guarantee Or Imply That The Cryptocurrencies Or Projects Published Are Legal In Any Specific Reader’s Location. It Is The Reader’s Responsibility To Know The Laws Regarding Cryptocurrencies And Icos In His Or Her Country. Please Respect Your Country Law & Take Advice From Your Advisor .