NavCoin (NAV) is a cryptocurrency. NavCoin has a current supply of 64,532,726 NAV. The last known price of NavCoin is$0.190441 USD and is up 12.94% over the last 24 hours. It is currently trading on 7 active market(s) with $5,928,081 USDtraded over the last 24 hours. More information can be found at http://www.navcoin.org/.
Welcome To NavCoin
Low friction payments
Designed for fast, cheap, and secure peer-to-peer payments. A network that’s driven to lowering the cost of doing business.
Community run since 2014
Decentralization isn’t just a buzzword. It’s built into the very foundation of the network, to create a culture of permissionless innovation.
An economic system that pays for itself
NavCoin funds itself using the most advanced community fund ever built. The first fully-decentralised, fully-autonomous fund that only the community controls.
Cryptocurrencies are complicated, but it doesn’t need to be that way. NavCoin aims to make paying with crypto so easy your parents can do it.
NavCoin’s Top Features
Carbon Neutral Payments
NavCoin has offset the carbon footprint of the network to become the world’s first carbon neutral cryptocurrency.
Testing shows current capacity at 260+ transactions per second, alongside active research into layer 2 scaling solutions.
Low cost global payments
Send money cheaply, anywhere in the world, without needing to go through a bank.
Transactions show up in seconds, and are confirmed within 30 seconds, making it ideal for business.
Values That Are Built Into The Network
Open & transparent governance
No one is in control of NavCoin – everyone is free to contribute however they want. There are no forced changes, and every wallet gets a say in the direction of NavCoin.
Be your own bank
Being a peer to peer network means that there are no banks or intermediaries getting in the way. An economic system where your vote counts.
Fair, clean & green
No one lives in a bubble – we all affect the world in different ways. This is why NavCoin strives to be energy efficient to do right by planet.
Building a new system
NavCoin is symbol of change for how the entire global economic system works – one that returns freedom, privacy, and financial power back to the individual.
Privacy is about giving you a choice. You get to take back control of your personal information, along with who gets access to it.
The NavCoin blockchain forms the foundation for everything, is completely open source, and secured by nodes running all around the world.
NavHub is the 2nd layer of ecosystem, and is where you can see the various projects being built on top of the NavCoin protocol.
NavCoin is an open source protocol, which means that wallets are maintained by a range of organizations and individuals. There are different types of wallets – from ‘full’ wallets that give you complete control and allow you to participate in the NavCoin network, to ‘light’ wallets that are easier to use. Always remember that it is your responsibility to choose your wallet carefully and adopt good practices in order to protect your money.
Tips for securely storing your Golem
- Do your own research. Before sending any coins or private data to a wallet, make sure you have researched the wallet provider to make sure everything is above board. Keep an eye out for scam wallets, such as those using URLs only slightly different to the URLs of legitimate wallet providers, and check out some independent reviews for all the pros and cons.
- Back it up. Make use of your wallet’s back-up and restore facility so that if something ever goes wrong with your wallet, you’ll be able to recover your funds.
- Set a strong password. Now is not the time to be lazy when creating a password; take your time to create a strong and uncrackable code.
- Make use of all available security features. Make the most of all the security features your wallet offers, such as two-factor authentication or multi-signature transactions. It’ll offer increased protection for your funds and greater peace of mind for you.
- Update your antivirus software. Take care to regularly update the antivirus protection and anti-malware software on any device you will be using to access your wallet.
- Keep your private keys private. Last but not least, don’t underestimate the importance of your private keys. Store them somewhere safe and don’t share them with anyone else.