Novacoin is the coin of the feature. It’s unique way of utilizing both Proof-of-Work and Proof-of-Stake forblock generation with separated target limits make it stand out. Novacoin (NVC) is a cryptocurrency. Users are able to generate NVC through the process of mining. Novacoin has a current supply of 2,335,757 NVC. The last known price of Novacoin is $0.603699 USDand is up 6.93% over the last 24 hours. It is currently trading on 2 active market(s) with $1,456 USDtraded over the last 24 hours.
Novacoin is stored in special wallets that consist of private and public keys (see above). There’s a huge number of cryptocurrency wallets with different features and it’s hard to recommend one that would cover all your needs. Let’s see the major differences between various wallets.
Best 4 Wallet For Storing Novacoin
1. Mobile Wallets
These don’t offer as much functionality compared to desktop wallets, however their convenience lies in the fact that you always have the wallet with you and can use it anywhere, e.g. to pay at a retail store. The best mobile Novacoin wallets are MyEtherWallet, Coinomi, Blockchain wallet.
2. Desktop Wallets
You can download and install these on your computer. They will only work and be accessible on this single computer. They are among the most secure wallets, unless your computer gets hacked or attacked by a virus. The best desktop Novacoin wallets are MyEtherWallet, Blockchain wallet.
Let’s start with electrum wallet review. Did you know approx 10 percent of all bitcoin transactions occur on Electrum? This lightweight desktop bitcoin wallet supports multiple operating systems such as Windows, Mac, etc. It is integrated with premium hardware wallets such as TREZOR, KeepKey and Ledger Nano S. As a service provider, Electrum charges transaction fees, and the default fee is a flat rate of 0.2 mBTC. It is not ideal for beginners and only supports bitcoin.
Download Electrum wallet
Purely a desktop cryptocurrency wallet, Exodus supports over 30 cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dash, Zcash, Ethereum among the popular ones. This lite wallet offers a user-friendly interface, and you never have to store the entire blockchain in your desktop. For the transactions made using Exodus wallet, the fee is paid to the network and not Exodus. It is the first desktop wallet that supports the functionality of ShapeShift which makes it a better option than electrum wallet review. However, it does not support two-factor authentication and multi-signature.
Download Exodus wallet
3. Online Wallets
Online wallets run on a server and can be accessed from any device at any location. They are the most convenient to use, but remember that your private keys are stored online and with a third-party – the probability of hackers’ attacks and theft is higher. The most reliable online Novacoin wallets are Blockchain wallet, Coinbase Wallet.
4. Paper Wallets
Although it sounds strange or even funny to talk about paper wallets in connection with a digital currency, they exist – in the form of printed-out private and public keys. Because of their physical (and offline) nature, they provide a very high level of online security.
Tips for securely storing your Novacoin
- Do your own research. Before sending any coins or private data to a wallet, make sure you have researched the wallet provider to make sure everything is above board. Keep an eye out for scam wallets, such as those using URLs only slightly different to the URLs of legitimate wallet providers, and check out some independent reviews for all the pros and cons.
- Back it up. Make use of your wallet’s back-up and restore facility so that if something ever goes wrong with your wallet, you’ll be able to recover your funds.
- Set a strong password. Now is not the time to be lazy when creating a password; take your time to create a strong and uncrackable code.
- Make use of all available security features. Make the most of all the security features your wallet offers, such as two-factor authentication or multi-signature transactions. It’ll offer increased protection for your funds and greater peace of mind for you.
- Update your antivirus software. Take care to regularly update the antivirus protection and anti-malware software on any device you will be using to access your wallet.
- Keep your private keys private. Last but not least, don’t underestimate the importance of your private keys. Store them somewhere safe and don’t share them with anyone else.