NuShares (NSR) is a cryptocurrency token and operates on the NuBits platform. NuShares has a current supply of 3,134,648,141 NSR with 2,777,600,756 NSR in circulation. The last known price of NuShares is $0.000556 USD and is down 14.56% over the last 24 hours. It is currently trading on 2 active market(s) with $4 USD traded over the last 24 hours. NuShares enable shareholder control of the network. One vote requires 10,000 NSR untouched for one week. Voting reward is 40 NSR/vote.
Shareholders can create new funds at any address that hasn’t previously received a grant. Grants pass after over 50% of YES votes and share days destroyed (SDD) in 10,000 blocks (7 days). Grants can pass in 3½ days with support from all voting shareholders.
Shareholders announce their intentions by passing motions. Motions have no direct impact on the network, meaning shareholders, custodians, or developers need to manually apply the contents. Motions require over 50% of blocks and share days destroyed by minting within 10,000 blocks to pass.
Median vote is the fee. 60 blocks in the past. NuBits Wallet defaults to the highest fee to be charged in the next 10 blocks. Default transaction fees equal to the current transaction fees are applied if there is no transaction fee vote for a particular currency in the majority of share days for the voting period of 2,000 blocks.
Shareholders can offer interest on NuBits taken out of circulation in order to stimulate demand. An Annual Percentage Rate (APR) is calculated from a 2,000-block window offset by 60 blocks in the past to enable prediction of rates 60 minutes ahead. Parking will lock the NuBits from spending for the duration chosen.
Voting feeds enable shareholders to increase stability and security of the network without being deeply involved themselves. Shareholders can subscribe to the decisions of a trusted person or group that publishes decisions in a voting feed. Votes can only be cast by the individual shareholder with their NuShares in a running wallet.
An example would be when Alice subscribes to Bob’s data feed wherein Bob publishes his voting decisions, Alice’s future votes will match the votes configured in Bob’s data feed. She only has to keep the wallet running and unlocked for minting with a network connection.
Quicker Synchronization for NuBits Wallet
Significantly speed up initial setup of NuBits Wallet for Desktop by downloading most blockchain data directly.
- Start NuBits Wallet once to create its data directory.
- Close NuBits Wallet.
- Download blk0001.dat 149 and optionally blkindex.dat 96. (Total 3.5 GB)
- Replace with those the blockchain data files in NuBits Wallet data directory.
Tips for securely storing your NuShares
- Do your own research. Before sending any coins or private data to a wallet, make sure you have researched the wallet provider to make sure everything is above board. Keep an eye out for scam wallets, such as those using URLs only slightly different to the URLs of legitimate wallet providers, and check out some independent reviews for all the pros and cons.
- Back it up. Make use of your wallet’s back-up and restore facility so that if something ever goes wrong with your wallet, you’ll be able to recover your funds.
- Set a strong password. Now is not the time to be lazy when creating a password; take your time to create a strong and uncrackable code.
- Make use of all available security features. Make the most of all the security features your wallet offers, such as two-factor authentication or multi-signature transactions. It’ll offer increased protection for your funds and greater peace of mind for you.
- Update your antivirus software. Take care to regularly update the antivirus protection and anti-malware software on any device you will be using to access your wallet.
- Keep your private keys private. Last but not least, don’t underestimate the importance of your private keys. Store them somewhere safe and don’t share them with anyone else.
The Information Presented Here Does Not Constitute Investment Advice Or An Offer To Invest. The Statements, Views, And Opinions Expressed In This Article Are Solely Those Of The Author/company And Do Not Represent Those Of Coinworldstory. We Strongly Advise Our Readers To Do Your Own Research (DYOR) Before Investing In Any Cryptocurrency, Blockchain Project, Or Ico, Particularly Those That Guarantee Profits. Furthermore, Coinworldstory Does Not Guarantee Or Imply That The Cryptocurrencies Or Projects Published Are Legal In Any Specific Reader’s Location. It Is The Reader’s Responsibility To Know The Laws Regarding Cryptocurrencies And Icos In His Or Her Country. Please Respect Your Country Law & Take Advice From Your Advisor .