TE-FOOD (TFD) is a cryptocurrency token and operates on the Ethereum platform. TE-FOOD has a current supply of 567,917,833 TFD with 513,232,296 TFD in circulation. The last known price of TE-FOOD is $0.003924 USD and is up 0.03% over the last 24 hours. It is currently trading on 4 active market(s) with $2,454 USD traded over the last 24 hours. Farm-to-table Food Traceability Solution Using Blockchain Technology Send us an email: [email protected]
What can you achieve with food traceability
Marketing value (transparency)
Consumers appreciate transparent food information, and value tracked products more. Using blockchain as a traceability tool has certain PR value, which can get you headlines in newspapers.
Deeper supply chain insight
You can see where the products spend too much time within your supply chain, which enables to source from the quckest suppliers, thus, decreasing food waste.
Compliance to food import regulations of foreign countries
A growing number of countries require traceability information for imported foods (USA, China, EU, Japan, etc.).
Quicker (and targeted) product recall possibility
By using farm-to-table traceability, tracing back a product to its origins takes seconds. It makes product recalls quicker, and enables retailers to recall only the products of the specific supplier.
Reducing the tampering of your products
Implementing product serialization (identifying each products with an own QR code) enables you to monitor, resolve, and eventually prevennt potential tampering cases.
Achieving price premium
Many food products with traceability information can be sold with a 4-8% price premium on several markets (sometimes even as high as 50% in emerging countries).
How food traceability works
Basic steps of traceability:
- Companies in the supply chain need to identify their premises, lots, batches, and sometimes the retail products
- They need to log information about the events to these identifiers
- Identifications need to be connected throughout the supply chain to keep the integrity of the information
TE-FOOD provides solutions to all these activities from object identification and product serialization, to data capture through interfaces or our B2B mobile app, data storage on blockchain, data processing to follow custom protocols, and tools to present the food history to the consumers.
How we see the future
- Quality assurance, compliance to quality systems (HACCP, GlobalG.A.P, Organic, etc.) will – at least partly – rely on food traceability systems. Such systems will contain a lot of cultivation/breeding/brocessing related information which will be monitored automatically.
- Traceability systems will provide a strong sales channel to food suppliers, and a sourcing possibility for food producers and retailers. Semi-automatic, often blockchain based algorithms will manage supply-demain pairing, contracting, monitoring, and clearing of supplier relationships.
Short term goals
They are working on extending the current portfolio with tailor made solutions for new food categories, such as fish, and certain fruits / vegetables. Besides fresh food, we are working on extending TE-FOOD to handle processed food supply chains.
We believe that agricultural financing and blockchain based traceability will work in strong snergy. We are planning a solution which utilizes
As a part of an R&D project, we are working on a machine learning backed mobile app, which helps consumers to know more insight about meats just by taking a photo of the meat.
Tips for securely storing your TE-FOOD
- Do your own research. Before sending any coins or private data to a wallet, make sure you have researched the wallet provider to make sure everything is above board. Keep an eye out for scam wallets, such as those using URLs only slightly different to the URLs of legitimate wallet providers, and check out some independent reviews for all the pros and cons.
- Back it up. Make use of your wallet’s back-up and restore facility so that if something ever goes wrong with your wallet, you’ll be able to recover your funds.
- Set a strong password. Now is not the time to be lazy when creating a password; take your time to create a strong and uncrackable code.
- Make use of all available security features. Make the most of all the security features your wallet offers, such as two-factor authentication or multi-signature transactions. It’ll offer increased protection for your funds and greater peace of mind for you.
- Update your antivirus software. Take care to regularly update the antivirus protection and anti-malware software on any device you will be using to access your wallet.
- Keep your private keys private. Last but not least, don’t underestimate the importance of your private keys. Store them somewhere safe and don’t share them with anyone else.
The Information Presented Here Does Not Constitute Investment Advice Or An Offer To Invest. The Statements, Views, And Opinions Expressed In This Article Are Solely Those Of The Author/company And Do Not Represent Those Of Coinworldstory. We Strongly Advise Our Readers To Do Your Own Research (DYOR) Before Investing In Any Cryptocurrency, Blockchain Project, Or Ico, Particularly Those That Guarantee Profits. Furthermore, Coinworldstory Does Not Guarantee Or Imply That The Cryptocurrencies Or Projects Published Are Legal In Any Specific Reader’s Location. It Is The Reader’s Responsibility To Know The Laws Regarding Cryptocurrencies And Icos In His Or Her Country. Please Respect Your Country Law & Take Advice From Your Advisor .