Wibson today’s economy, data equals money. Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean money for everyone. Giant tech companies cleverly use the Internet’s underlying technical protocols to capture and control personal information.
Wibson aims to level the playing for all participants in thedata ecosystem. The data marketplace provides infrastructure and financial incentives for individuals to securely sell private information that is validated for accuracy, all without sacrificing personal privacy.
Established in October of 2017, Wibson is a decentralized blockchain-based data marketplace that provides individuals a way to securely sell their data. The information is validated for accuracy, all without sacrificing personal privacy.
The company’s mission is to create a trusted universal data platform that maximizes value for both individuals and companies and has received funding from Telefónica’s investment arm, Wayra, among other industry-leading investors such as DGG Capital or Kenetic Capital.
Wibson is built on a core set of principles
Individuals have complete visibility into how their data is being used.
Individuals maintain control over use of their personal information.
Individuals can exchange access to data for value. Supply and demand dictate market prices.
How It Works.
Advertisers and other businesses are already buying and sellingyour personal information without your involvement. Wibson makes you an active participant.
The c went live in October 2018 and has already supported more than 100,000 data transactions. To date, more than seven million WIBs have been used in such transactions by the Wibson community.
Wibson is a personal data marketplace that provides individuals a way to securely and anonymously sell validated private information in a trusted environment. Wibson uses the blockchain to create a decentralized network for data transactions and never stores your data. Once you accept an offer you transfer your data directly to the data buyer and earn WIB, the Wibson cryptocurrency token.
Using Wibson is free and involves just a few simple steps:
1. Install the app and then review current data offers. These may be offers to buy your mobile device location or data from you Facebook or LinkedIn profiles. More data connections will be added in the future. And you can change the type of data you make available at any time.
2. Select offers for your data based on the Wibson token amount and how your data will be used. Available offers will display on the main screen of the app and with notifications turned on for the Wibson app, you’ll receive alerts for new offers.
3. Once you accept an offer the data buyer will receive your data directly. Wibson never stores your data.
4. When the transaction is finalized, you will receive WIB, the Wibson token, in your app wallet.
Click Here to Download Wibson Wallet
Tips for securely storing your Wibson
- Do your own research. Before sending any coins or private data to a wallet, make sure you have researched the wallet provider to make sure everything is above board. Keep an eye out for scam wallets, such as those using URLs only slightly different to the URLs of legitimate wallet providers, and check out some independent reviews for all the pros and cons.
- Back it up. Make use of your wallet’s back-up and restore facility so that if something ever goes wrong with your wallet, you’ll be able to recover your funds.
- Set a strong password. Now is not the time to be lazy when creating a password; take your time to create a strong and uncrackable code.
- Make use of all available security features. Make the most of all the security features your wallet offers, such as two-factor authentication or multi-signature transactions. It’ll offer increased protection for your funds and greater peace of mind for you.
- Update your antivirus software. Take care to regularly update the antivirus protection and anti-malware software on any device you will be using to access your wallet.
- Keep your private keys private. Last but not least, don’t underestimate the importance of your private keys. Store them somewhere safe and don’t share them with anyone else.
The Information Presented Here Does Not Constitute Investment Advice Or An Offer To Invest. The Statements, Views, And Opinions Expressed In This Article Are Solely Those Of The Author/company And Do Not Represent Those Of Coinworldstory. We Strongly Advise Our Readers To Do Your Own Research (DYOR) Before Investing In Any Cryptocurrency, Blockchain Project, Or Ico, Particularly Those That Guarantee Profits. Furthermore, Coinworldstory Does Not Guarantee Or Imply That The Cryptocurrencies Or Projects Published Are Legal In Any Specific Reader’s Location. It Is The Reader’s Responsibility To Know The Laws Regarding Cryptocurrencies And Icos In His Or Her Country. Please Respect Your Country Law & Take Advice From Your Advisor .