About Blockstream Wallet
Founded in 2014, Blockstream Wallet has been the leading provider of blockchain technologies and has remained on the forefront of work in cryptography and distributed systems. Blockstream’s mission is to create the financial infrastructure of the future. They build crypto-financial infrastructure based on Bitcoin, the most robust and secure blockchain.
Applying cutting-edge cryptography and security engineering, we’re building the technology that makes financial markets more efficient by reducing reliance on trust. With a long-term outlook on delivering robust and scalable solutions, they invest heavily in research and development to strengthen the Bitcoin ecosystem and protocol.
The success of the internet in recent years is built on permissionless innovation — nowhere is this kind of progress more important than in the financial industry.
Don’t trust. Verify.
Blockstream Wallet believe in empowering individuals and businesses to take control of their own finances and reducing the need for trusted third parties.
Open finance for everyone.
They build software that accelerates the adoption of Bitcoin and peer-to-peer finance for a fairer financial system that benefits everyone, not just a privileged few.
Blockstream Review is the leading provider of both open-source and commercial Bitcoin technologies. They deliver a range of products and services that make the adoption of Bitcoin and peer-to-peer finance easier than ever.
The Liquid Network
The Liquid Network is a sidechain-based settlement platform for traders and exchanges. It enables fast and private Bitcoin transactions between users, as well as the issuance of digital assets such as stablecoins and securities.
Blockstream Wallet Green is a simple and secure Bitcoin wallet with Liquid support. Send and receive Bitcoin, Tether, and other Liquid assets, all secured by Green’s unique two-factor multisig security and hardware wallet support. Currently available for iOS and Android.
Blockstream has taken Bitcoin into space. The Blockstream Satellite network broadcasts the Bitcoin blockchain around the world 24/7 for free, protecting against network interruptions and providing anyone in the world with the opportunity to use Bitcoin.
Cryptocurrency Data Feed
In partnership with Intercontinental Exchange, Blockstream’s Cryptocurrency Data Feed delivers best-in-class real-time and historical cryptocurrency exchange data. Supporting a long and growing list of cryptocurrency and fiat pairs, the feed is available to traders via ICE Data Services’ Consolidated Feed.
Elements is an open source blockchain platform, providing developers with the tools to build their own networks and products. By extending the well-known Bitcoin codebase, developers can quickly roll out working blockchains that support powerful features such as Confidential Transactions and Issued Assets.
Tips for securely storing your Blockstream Wallet
- Do your own research. Before sending any coins or private data to a wallet, make sure you have researched the wallet provider to make sure everything is above board. Keep an eye out for scam wallets, such as those using URLs only slightly different to the URLs of legitimate wallet providers, and check out some independent reviews for all the pros and cons.
- Back it up. Make use of your wallet’s back-up and restore facility so that if something ever goes wrong with your wallet, you’ll be able to recover your funds.
- Set a strong password. Now is not the time to be lazy when creating a password; take your time to create a strong and uncrackable code.
- Make use of all available security features. Make the most of all the security features your wallet offers, such as two-factor authentication or multi-signature transactions. It’ll offer increased protection for your funds and greater peace of mind for you.
- Update your antivirus software. Take care to regularly update the antivirus protection and anti-malware software on any device you will be using to access your wallet.
- Keep your private keys private. Last but not least, don’t underestimate the importance of your private keys. Store them somewhere safe and don’t share them with anyone else.