Greenaddress.it is one of the initial bitcoin wallets which emerged with ample amount of exceptional features. The most important features like Hierarchically Deterministic, multisignature, 2factor authentication and hardware wallet support were supported by this hot wallet. Apart from these, there are several other features available in this wallet which are also quite flexible. GreenAddress is a multiplatform wallet which offers reliable security and a catchy interface.
The safer Bitcoin wallet that puts you in control
Protect your bitcoins with both your key and ours, set spending limits, rate limit transactions and always be the only one in control.
You can easily login in ‘watch-only mode’ via custom login without compromising security or privacy.
Bitcoin is the currency of the future
They don’t make you choose between security and convenience. And we don’t compromise your privacy.
The per-transaction two factor authentication, multi-signature and deterministic wallet allow you unprecedented control over your transactions.
And, they never store your private keys, not even encrypted. At the same time they make it trivial to view and transfer your funds. Take control of your future now, at GreenAddress.
Better privacy with your funds and safer login with watch-only
Safely check your balance and transactions from public Wi-Fi, Starbucks and on the go. With unique watch-only mode you can quickly check your balance or receive funds without full access to your wallet. Your keys are not loaded so.
More features that allow convenient and secure access to your wallet
Enable quick PIN login to your wallet from any of your devices without having to use your passphrase.
Should our system be taken down or disappear, sleep safe with automatic presigned transaction (nLockTime) allowing you to simply wait for your selected expiry to get your funds!
Greenaddress.it transfers to your wallet (including change) will use a newly generated address each time making it harder for people you transact with to read your past and future transactions.
Under the hood
We use hierarchical deterministic wallets
(using the BIP32 key derivation standard), so we use brand new addresses for incoming transactions and storing change. This improves the privacy of your wallet and allows it to be backed up simply.
Quickly check your balance
You can use your custom username and password to quickly check if you have received a transaction or to check your balance without exposing your wallet, indeed quite convenient when in a hurry and/or on a third party computer.
We provide presigned transactions
Greenaddress.it order to provide limits and two factor your funds are secured with both your key and ours. For ease of mind, presigned transaction are enabled (uses nlocktime) which means that each time your wallet has updates we will forward to you a presigned transaction unlocking the funds at a date in the future of your choice.
We use P2SH to make this all easy
P2SH allows people you interact with to handle transactions to and from GreenAddress’ wallets transparently.
We offer our second signature
This allows us to provide extra security with two factor authentication for transacting, transaction limits and instant payments with double spend protection (when used with a compatible service/exchange).
Tips for securely storing your Greenaddress.it
- Do your own research. Before sending any coins or private data to a wallet, make sure you have researched the wallet provider to make sure everything is above board. Keep an eye out for scam wallets, such as those using URLs only slightly different to the URLs of legitimate wallet providers, and check out some independent reviews for all the pros and cons.
- Back it up. Make use of your wallet’s back-up and restore facility so that if something ever goes wrong with your wallet, you’ll be able to recover your funds.
- Set a strong password. Now is not the time to be lazy when creating a password; take your time to create a strong and uncrackable code.
- Make use of all available security features. Make the most of all the security features your wallet offers, such as two-factor authentication or multi-signature transactions. It’ll offer increased protection for your funds and greater peace of mind for you.
- Update your antivirus software. Take care to regularly update the antivirus protection and anti-malware software on any device you will be using to access your wallet.
- Keep your private keys private. Last but not least, don’t underestimate the importance of your private keys. Store them somewhere safe and don’t share them with anyone else.