At a time when cryptocurrencies only appeared and were still a little-known and completely unpopular asset, mining was done exclusively by geeks with the aim of maintaining and developing the very idea of cryptocurrency and worked to the benefit of ensuring the network operability. At that time, digital currencies were mined mainly on graphics processors.
Now, when the popularity of cryptocurrency began to go off-scale, mining turned from a “hobby for computer geniuses” into a very profitable business. It was then that the question arose about the development of innovative equipment that would allow mining to a new level – industrial mining. So in China, a device based on Bitcoin mining chips was invented – the first asyker miner.
What is ASIK?
ASIC (“Application Specific Integrated Circuit” – translated from English as “special purpose integrated circuit”) is a microcircuit configured to perform one specific type of work – to decipher the algorithms on the basis of which the cryptocurrency blockchain works ; this is what allows it to do it much faster and better than its multi-tasking counterparts.
It is worth recalling that each digital currency operates on the basis of one or another algorithm. Accordingly, asiki for mining are developed specifically for a particular algorithm.
Currently, there are ASIC for mining cryptocurrency, working on the basis of the following algorithms:
- SHA-256 (Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Syscoin, Peercoin, Namecoin, etc.);
- X11 (currency Dash, Pura, etc.);
- Ethash (currencies Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Metaverse ETP, Ubiq, etc.);
- Script (Litecoin, Dogecoin, B3Coin, Bit deal, etc.);
- Equihash (Zcash, Komodo and others);
- Blake (2b) (Decred, Siacoin).
From a technical point of view, an ASIC miner is a block in which there are:
- boards (chips);
- a memory unit that provides software operation for an ASIC miner;
- connectors for connecting external devices;
- housing and connecting elements.
ASIC-mining is a much less energy-intensive process than mining on video cards, respectively, the question of what is better – asiki or video cards, is not relevant. To catch up with asik in performance (which is affected by the asic quality of your video card), you will need to build a whole farm of dozens of graphics processors, but the farm will not reach the level of asika by the power consumption parameter.
The first ASICs were incredibly compact and connected to the system via usb. Of course, today such devices have already lost their relevance, as they have become unprofitable. The current generation of ASIC miners is already more impressive in size and they are divided into 2 types depending on the size of the device, its power, and power consumption:
Home ASICs are more compact, work almost silently, equipped with a power supply unit up to 600 W, whereas their professional counterparts are many times more bulky and noisy, but they are much more powerful and energy efficient. Well, they also differ significantly in price.
The Most Popular Models ASIKov
Currently, the most popular and reliable manufacturers of ASICs are such companies:
- Ebang Communication;
- Halong Mining.
Consider the asiki of these manufacturers in the context of mining algorithms.
On the SHA-256 algorithm, the first cryptocurrency is functioning – Bitcoin, and some other cryptocurrencies. This algorithm is decoded by the following popular asiki:
- Asic Bitmain Antminer S9 (14 TH / s; 1340 W);
- Asic T9 Antminer from Bitmain (11.5 TH / s; 1450 W);
- Asic Bitmain Antminer V9 (11.5 TH / s; 1450 W);
- WhatsMiner M3 ASIC Miner (12.5 TH / s; 1576 W);
- DragonMint T1 from Halong Mining (16 TH / s; 1600 W);
- Ebit E10.1 Miner 18T from Ebang Communication (18 TH / s; 1600 W).
Dash works on this algorithm. Many companies have developed the most powerful miners, which in a short period of time significantly increased the complexity of the network, which led to a drop in mining profitability at X11. This algorithm is decoded by the following popular asiki:
- Asic Antminer D3 from Bitmain (19.3 GH / s; 1100 W);
- A5 DashMaster x11 ASIC miner from Innosilicon (32.5 GH / s; 750 W);
- DR-100 PRO from Pinidea (22 GH / s; 900 W);
- Giant X10 from Baikal (10 GH / s; 630 W).
Blake Algorithm (2b)
This algorithm is decoded by the following popular asiki:
- Asic A3 Antminer from Bitmain (815 GH / s; 1275 W);
- Giant-B from Baikal (80 GH / s; 300 W);
- DragonMint B52 Blake2b Miner from Halong Mining (3.83 TH / s; 1380 W).
On the Scrypt algorithm, the Laycoin, and many more promising cryptocurrencies function. This algorithm is decoded by the following popular asiki:
- Asic Antminer L3 + from Bitmain – an improved version of Asic L3 (504 MH / s; 800 W);
- A6 LTCMaster from Innosilicon (1.23 GH / s; 1500 W);
- A4 + LTCMaster from Innosilicon (620 MH / s; 750 W).
Note: Do not confuse with Cryptonote. Cryptonote is a technology, and Cryptonight is a hashing algorithm that this technology uses. It is worth noting that Cryptonote and Scrypt consume a lot of RAM.
Such popular coins as Monero, Electroneum, and Bytecoin work on the Cryptonight algorithm. This algorithm is decoded by the following popular asiki:
- Asic Antminer X3 from Bitmain (220 KH / s; 550 W);
- Giant-N from Baikal (20 KH / s; 60 W);
- DragonMint X2 Miner from Halong Mining (248 KH / s; 490 W);
- DragonMint X1 Miner from Halong Mining (124 KH / s; 245 W).
Ethash Algorithm (Dagger Hashimoto)
Currently, this algorithm is deciphered using video cards, but in the near future, the situation may change. The manufacturer Bitmain is working on the release of the world’s first ASIK for broadcast – Antminer F3.
Best ASIC miners as of the beginning of 2019
Miners from this selection differ in the most favorable ratio of performance and power consumption. This is what makes them an excellent choice in terms of the profitability of mining.
|Ebit E10.1 Miner 18T||SHA-256||18 TH / s||1600 watts||Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash|
|DragonMint T1||SHA-256||16 TH / s||1600 watts||Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash|
|Antminer S9||SHA-256||14 TH / s||1340 W||Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash|
|A6 LTCMaster||Scrypt||1.23 GH / s||1500 watts||Litecoin, Verge, Einsteinium|
|DragonMint B52 Blake2b Miner||Blake (2b)||3.83 TH / s||1380 W||Siacoin|
|DragonMint B29 Blake256 Miner||Blake 256||2.1 TH / s||900 W||Decred|
|DragonMint X1 Miner||Cryptonight||248 KH / s||490 watts||Monero, Electroneum, Bytecoin|
|Antminer X3||Cryptonight||220 KH / s||550 watts||Monero, Electroneum, Bytecoin|
Payback of ASIC miners
One of the most important issues in the context of the profitability of the mining business is how quickly the Asiki pay off. The payback period of an ASIC miner is the time after which the Asik acquired by you compensates for the costs of its acquisition (that is, your initial investment). It is then that the mining of digital currencies will begin to bring you the long-awaited profit.
It is logical that the payback of different devices will be different because it depends on the following parameters:
- miner’s hashrate;
- miner cost;
- correct equipment setup;
- the digital currency you mine.
At present, it is extremely easy to calculate the payback of your chosen ASIC. The most common mining profitability calculator will come to your rescue. You just need to select asic from the dropdown list, indicate your mining costs (electricity tariff), the name of the cryptocurrency you are going to mine (network complexity and cryptocurrency rate affect the equipment payback period) how much time your miner pays off.
How to assemble an ASIC miner with your own hands
It is worth noting that the price of ASIC bites and not everyone is ready to invest such a large amount of money in their business at the initial stage. For those who want to save, there is one very tempting option – a homemade asik miner. But how to make asic? Of course, for this, you need to have an accurate idea of what kind of unit it is and how exactly it works. ASIC miner, as a rule, consists of the following elements:
- ASIC boards, which are located in special slots parallel to each other, and on which chips are placed. In one miner there are usually several boards.
- memory block, which is a very important component of the miner, which is responsible for ensuring the full operation of the miner
- power supply, which converts alternating current into direct current, which guarantees the stability of its supply. The miner itself operates on AC power, but the chips are powered by constant voltage.
- fans, which also play an important role in ensuring the smooth operation of the device, because they are responsible for timely heat removal (the mining process is accompanied by the release of a large amount of heat) and thereby protect the device from overheating. It is very important to use a reliable cooler in your self-made miner, and it is better to even install several fans. Also, as a rule, radiators for heat removal are installed on each of the boards.
- connectors for communication with external devices. You must understand that the miner will need to be connected to other devices and provide for the necessary outputs for this.
- enclosures. Of course, the fruit of your efforts must be placed in some kind of body. In the latest models, manufacturers use an aluminum case, as this allows for improved heat transfer. You can use both an aluminum box and the case from any other thin-walled metal. It is very important to ensure effective removal of hot air (holes should be provided in the housing).
Before you start assembling ASIC for mining, you need to draw a diagram, purchase all the necessary equipment, and also determine the size of the device. If you are going to install a miner at home, then it would not hurt to make it as compact as possible, as well as take care of sound insulation (use a special box). In addition, be sure to calculate the profitability of your homemade ASIK, because your creation may well be ineffective.
In general, you can only independently assemble asic if you are aware of this. The beginner is unlikely to create a standing device.
Which ASIC to buy?
If you, soberly assessing your capabilities, understand that you cannot collect a miner with your own hands, you can always buy a finished product. However, the choice of the unit must also be approached wisely. To begin with, you should decide what algorithm you will work with and then specifically meet the miners who decipher this particular algorithm. When choosing ASIC, you should pay attention to the following device parameters:
- A hashrate is a key indicator that determines how many coins you can extract and for how much time. The higher the hashrate, the faster your asik will go through the necessary values for signing the block, the faster it will be able to get coins, the smaller the payback period of your miner will be and the more profit you will be able to receive in the future. Older miner models cannot boast a good hashrate (for example, Avalon Asic, Asic Neptune, Asic S7 hash rate is much less than 10 TH / s, which means the purchase of such a miner will be unprofitable for you). More current or the latest models already produce a much more impressive hash rate (for example, Bitfury Asic B8 hash rate is as much as 49 TH / s, ASIC miner x11 is about 32 TH / s), but the power consumption of such miners is quite high. Respectively,
- microprocessor frequency. This parameter also plays an important role, because it is the frequency of the processor that determines the level of the hashrate. The performance of your unit and the number of operations that an Asik can perform per second depends on the frequency with which the ASIC processor operates. Heshrayt and the frequency of the microprocessor – this is not the same thing. When choosing a miner, be sure to pay attention to this parameter. The higher the frequency, the better.
- power usage. The payback period of your miner, as well as the size of your future profit, also depends on this indicator. The higher the power consumption of your machine, the more you will spend on paying electricity bills. Here, unfortunately, a double-edged sword: the more powerful your equipment and the higher its hash rate, the more it will consume electricity. You need to choose an option that will have the highest hash rate at the lowest possible power consumption.
- price. Probably the most important question – how much is the asik. The second important question is where to buy asic. The higher the hashrate, the higher the processor performance, the lower the power consumption, the more expensive the asik will cost you. Often, the price of the equipment is also influenced by the ratio of supply and demand in the market.
How to connect asik miner
Connecting and configuring ASIC is a fairly simple process. Of course, instruction is attached to each device, where each step is described in detail, however, in principle, all asiki are set roughly the same, although some manufacturers or models have their own characteristics.
The ASIC miner is installed as follows:
- First, connect the ASIC power supply. To do this, connect the connectors from the power supply unit to the device case (you will hear a characteristic click), and one of the connectors to the system control panel. As a rule, the outputs are the same and the connection sequence is not important.
- then connect the network cable to the router.
- do a test run. If you have connected everything correctly, the network connection indicators will take effect, the fans will start to work at slower speeds.
- determine the IP address of your miner. To manage the equipment, you need to know which IP address was assigned to your ASIC. You can resort to using various utilities or go through the browser to the main page of the router and find the appropriate settings.
- then go to the miner’s web-interface to control where you can select the installations you are interested in, namely: specify the mining pool, adjust the microprocessor frequency, power, update the firmware, etc.
- then you need to save the settings, after which your Asik will reboot and then it will be ready for operation. You can check the status on a special tab, where the main processes are displayed, and you can check the mining statistics of the cryptocurrency in your mining pool account.
Please note that you must provide your miner with an appropriate temperature mode because in case of overheating, the protective mechanism will work and your device will turn off.
These recommendations are quite general, so you should still carefully read the instructions and only then proceed to setting up your asika. If you do not speak foreign languages (the instruction will not necessarily be translated into Russian), then you should look for a qualitative review of the model of the miner you are interested in on the net.
Despite the ever-increasing complexity of the network and the fierce competition in this industry, the mining business is currently very popular among professionals and beginners or amateurs. In this article, we talked about the notorious Asik mining, found out what it is, and also discussed the most popular models of Asik miners, learned how to assemble asik yourself or how to choose the ideal model for yourself. In general, the mining business can bring you a very good profit if you approach this issue wisely and competently organize the process.
In our country, such a business is quite promising, because electricity tariffs are quite low, which allows minimizing mining costs as much as possible. So, if you have not yet made a final decision, then this article will help you understand this issue.
If You Scam By Above Project Than Report This Review
Share this post