About IPOR Airdrop
IPOR Airdrop refers to a series of smart contracts that provide a benchmark interest rate and enable users to access Interest Rates Derivatives on the Ethereum blockchain. That is possible by combining 3 core pieces of infrastructure: the IPOR Index, the IPOR AMM and liquidity pools, and Asset Management smart contracts.
IPOR is airdropping free IPOR to various early users of the platform. Early community members who have interacted with the protocol, whether through trading or providing liquidity and users who have earned the role of Citizen of IPOR or have an IPORIAN status in the IPOR Discord based on a snapshot taken on January 9th, 2023 at 12 pm UTC are eligible to claim free IPOR tokens.
|Token Name||IPOR Airdrop|
|KYC||KYC Is Not requirement|
|Whitepaper||Click Here To View|
|Collect Airdrop||Click Here To Collect Free Airdrop|
How To Join IPOR Airdrop
- Visit the IPOR airdrop claim page.
- Connect your Metamask wallet.
- If you’re eligible then you will be able to claim free IPOR tokens.
- Early community members who have interacted with the protocol, whether through trading or by providing liquidity and users who have earned the role of Citizen of IPOR or have an IPORIAN status in the IPOR Discord are eligible to claim free IPOR tokens.
- The snapshot was taken on January 9th, 2023 at 12 pm UTC.
- The rewards will be distributed in two different ways:
- General Allocation: The general allocation is granted to early community members and eligible users who have interacted with the Protocol, whether through trading or providing liquidity. Tokens from the general allocation will be immediately liquid at the time of claim with no vesting period.
- Proportional Allocation: The proportional allocation is based on a specific community member’s economic activities, taking into account the amount of liquidity deposited and the duration it has remained in the pool. Tokens distributed as part of the proportional allocation will vest linearly over a period of six months.
- Eligible wallets can be found in this spreadsheet.
- For more information regarding the airdrop, see this Medium article.
Select token to see current IPOR
Toggle between currencies and see current IPOR rate. Hover over the line and see it for the last 30 days. In the app you can see a more detailed version, where you can see details from 24 hours up to a year.
How do IPOR derivatives work?
IPOR fixes borrowing rates using an interest rate swap with the liquidity pool as contract counterparty.
Quote IPOR Index
Determine whether you want to pay fixed or pay floating rate based on the current IPOR rate.
Contract Pricing by AMM
The Automated Market Maker (AMM) determines the price of opening a contract by assessing the current IPOR rate, all open contracts, historical data, and the size of the contract.
Opening the Contract
The AMM will present all the necessary information including the rate, the fees, and the contract size. The liquidity pool acts as the contract counterpart and you can choose to open a contract.
Build on IPOR
The IPOR DAO will govern the protocol giving the community the ability to make updates to the protocol, make decisions on construction of the index, launch new products, and more.
The IPOR Index and IPOR Derivatives products are initially being developed by IPOR Labs, a Zug based firm specializing in derivatives software products. IPOR Labs was founded by veterans in financial markets, cryptocurrency, and blockchain expertise spanning protocol development, fixed income, interest rate derivatives, quantitative finance, exchange trading systems, venture capital, and software development.
Liquidity providers (LP) are Protocol service providers. An LP deposits an asset to the pool (currently USDC/USDT/DAI), and traders can open Interest Rate Swaps (IRS) against the pool. For that service, LPs are rewarded with fees, Sum of all Payoffs (SOAP), and through yield generated by asset management smart contracts earning yield from external money markets. Starting from January 25, 2023, LPs will also be rewarded with pwIPOR tokens that are exchangable for IPOR tokens. To learn more about the three types of rewards, have a look here and here. You can also refer to the liquidity provisioning section in the Docs.