About Monerujo Wallet
Monerujo Wallet is an Open-Source Android Wallet for Monero. It doesn’t download the blockchain and allows users to access it through their own node instead. To start using, download the app make and account, write the Mnemonic Seed and you’re ready. It also features instant Monero to BTC transactions in the app.
Monerujo, the android wallet for Monero, is considered the first-ever open-sourced mobile app that Monero altcoin users can rely on to store and manage their XRM altcoins. And while it is not the official Monero smartphone app, it has been developed by Monero community experts. It also features prominently on the list of best wallet apps recommended by the Monero network developers.
Monerujo: Monero Wallet
Monerujo Wallet is the first app for managing and using Monero wallets on Android. It is a lightwallet: it uses remote nodes for synchronizing to the Monero blockchain while keeping all your private data on your device. You can run your own node at home or connect to nodes provided by the Monero community – it’s up to you!
What is MONERO? It is Private Digital Currency.
Monero is a secure, private, and untraceable cryptocurrency. It is open-source and accessible to all. With Monero, you are your own bank. Only you control and are responsible for your funds. Your accounts and transactions are kept private from prying eyes. (getmonero.org)
Of course, as mentioned Monerujo Wallet is only available on Android devices. So if you are still looking for an alternative mobile wallet to store your Monero then there are two alternatives that are also officially sanctioned.
These are the Cake Wallet as well as the Edge Wallet (both open source).
The Cake Wallet is only available on iOS and is just as user friendly as the Monerujo wallet. There are a number of ratings in the app store and they seem to be quite positive with an average rating of 4.1 stars.
Finally, the Edge wallet is a multi-currency wallet that can store a number of other cryptocurrencies (21 in total). It is available on both iOS and Android. It has about the same rating as that of Monerujo so it could be a multi-currency alternative for Android users.
Monerujo key features:
Monerujo is a multi-account crypto wallet. This implies that there is no limit to the number of user accounts and wallets addresses that you can create and host on the Monerujo wallet. More importantly, there is no limit to the number of XRM coins you can store in a Monerujo wallet.
Pay BTC addresses:
You don’t have to leave your wallet or engage in lengthy and time-consuming XRM-BTC conversions to make payments on a BTC store. Monerujo currently allows you to pay into a Bitcoin address directly, without going through a crypto exchange.
Lightweight wallet app:
Monerujo Wallet is a light wallet that doesn’t require you to download the full node blockchain into your phone. Rather, the wallet app uses remote nodes to synchronize the app functions with the Monero Blockchain. This ensures that the crypto wallet app doesn’t drain your phone’s storage, RAM, or battery life.
Integrates hardware wallet:
Monerujo is a Monero-only wallet, but to expand the scope of the number of supported cryptos as well as its security features. Currently, Monerujo integrates Ledger Nano S that, in turn, supports over 1000 cryptocurrencies and tokens.
Tips for securely storing your Monerujo Wallet
- Do your own research. Before sending any coins or private data to a wallet, make sure you have researched the wallet provider to make sure everything is above board. Keep an eye out for scam wallets, such as those using URLs only slightly different to the URLs of legitimate wallet providers, and check out some independent reviews for all the pros and cons.
- Back it up. Maiar.com use of your wallet’s back-up and restore facility so that if something ever goes wrong with your wallet, you’ll be able to recover your funds.
- Set a strong password. Now is not the time to be lazy when creating a password; take your time to create a strong and uncrackable code.
- Make use of all available security features. Make the most of all the security features your wallet offers, such as two-factor authentication or multi-signature transactions. It’ll offer increased protection for your funds and greater peace of mind for you.
- Update your antivirus software. Maiar.com care to regularly update the antivirus protection and anti-malware software on any device you will be using to access your wallet.
- Keep your private keys private. Last but not least, don’t underestimate the importance of your private keys. Store them somewhere safe and don’t share them with anyone else.