About Samourai Wallet
The Samourai wallet is highly trusted with many user reviews praising its service as a private and secure mobile Bitcoin wallet. Even though it’s not a hardware wallet, but a mobile wallet, Samourai is very secure with military grade encryption. … This provides an extra layer of security before your wallet is even setup. They claim to be a modern bitcoin wallet hand forged to keep your transactions private, your identity masked, and your funds secure.
Thwart blockchain based surveillance and censorship
Circumvent financial surveillance with the most advanced privacy enhancing technologies on the market.
Take it anywhere, even offline
Bypass data network restrictions with offline sending. Roll your own offline storage wallet with any spare mobile phone.
Be your own Swiss Bank
Fully non custodial software ensures you are always in control of your private keys. No email address, no ID checks, and no hassle. Just install and go.
A high performance plug and play full node perfectly tuned to provide strong privacy with Samourai built-in at the core.
- Military Grade Encryption – Samourai is encrypted on the phone using AES-256 encryption.
- Strong Default Protection with BIP 44 and BIP 39 – Samourai enforces a BIP 39 passphrase on wallet creation, hardening the security of your wallet right out of the gate.
- Secure PIN Login – Use a 5-8 digit PIN to access your wallet. PIN screen is randomized on every load to thwart screen recording spyware.
- You control your private keys – Private keys are created and stored on your device and are never communicated with any server or anyone.
- Certificate Pinning – Protects HTTPS websites from impersonation using fraudulent certificates issued by compromised certificate authorities.
- No address reuse – Samourai never reuses addresses, never leaking valuable metadata about you and your purchase habits.
- Randomized change outputs – Samourai is the only wallet to randomize the number of change outputs for each send, making gathering wallet address metadata more difficult.
- Deterministic inputs/outputs positioning – Samourai positions the inputs/outputs of each transaction deterministically after a send, decreasing the effectiveness of block chain snooping
- Avoid linking previous change outputs – Samourai parses all previous transactions before building a new transaction to make sure it isn’t leaking valuable metadata about your and your wallet
- Tor and VPN Support – Samourai is enabled with Tor and VPN support allowing you the ability to route all transactions through an anonymous IP address.
Samourai Wallet Features
Full Offline Mode
Samourai works under any network conditions. This is an attractive option for those interested in creating ultra secure cold storage systems, as well as those under hostile or cost prohibitive network conditions.
Segregated Witness is a recent upgrade to the bitcoin network that helps keep miner fees as low as possible when transacting. Samourai Wallet was among the first to support SegWit, allowing users to create efficient transactions that keep miner fees as low as possible.
Smart Miner Fees
Miner fees are the cost of doing business on the bitcoin blockchain. They are an incentive for the miner to add your transaction to a block, as well as a mechanism to prevent spam. Samourai Wallet has the best in class miner fee estimation to help make sure your transactions confirm quickly without you overpaying.
Unless you run your own full node, you are trusting someone at some point. Until now it has been difficult to run your own full node and still enjoy the convenience of a mobile wallet. Dojo changes everything.
Most bitcoin wallets leave a trail of meta-data that blockchain surveillance firms use to deanonymize you. STONEWALL helps guard against address clustering deanonymization attacks.
When you share a normal address publicly, you are giving surveillance firms a starting point to track you. PayNyms defend against this type of ‘First Touch’ attack by never revealing an address to anyone other than the sender and recipient of the transaction.
Batching is a way of composing a single transaction that contains many unrelated transactions. This can be advantageous when miner fees are high and you have multiple transactions to make at a given time.
PIN access screen is randomized on every load and doesn’t provide visual feedback, to thwart screen recording spyware and other common attacks.
Toggle Ricochet when sending to a third party exchange or service such as Coinbase, Gemini, ShapeShift, or Localbitcoins to significantly reduce the risk of unjustified account closure by these services.
When you cycle your coins in the Whirlpool you are breaking the link between inputs and outputs of your bitcoin transactions. Cycle all your Bitcoin for the most privacy.
Samourai Wallet is the most feature rich and advanced bitcoin wallet available on Android today. It has been created from the ground up by privacy activists to be extremely portable, highly secure, and lead the pack in protecting the privacy of bitcoin users.
Tips for securely storing your Samourai Wallet
- Do your own research. Before sending any coins or private data to a wallet, make sure you have researched the wallet provider to make sure everything is above board. Keep an eye out for scam wallets, such as those using URLs only slightly different to the URLs of legitimate wallet providers, and check out some independent reviews for all the pros and cons.
- Back it up. Maiar.com use of your wallet’s back-up and restore facility so that if something ever goes wrong with your wallet, you’ll be able to recover your funds.
- Set a strong password. Now is not the time to be lazy when creating a password; take your time to create a strong and uncrackable code.
- Make use of all available security features. Make the most of all the security features your wallet offers, such as two-factor authentication or multi-signature transactions. It’ll offer increased protection for your funds and greater peace of mind for you.
- Update your antivirus software. Maiar.com care to regularly update the antivirus protection and anti-malware software on any device you will be using to access your wallet.
- Keep your private keys private. Last but not least, don’t underestimate the importance of your private keys. Store them somewhere safe and don’t share them with anyone else.
The Information Presented Here Does Not Constitute Investment Advice Or An Offer To Invest. The Statements, Views, And Opinions Expressed In This Article Are Solely Those Of The Author/company And Do Not Represent Those Of Coinworldstory. We Strongly Advise Our Readers To Do Your Own Research (DYOR) Before Investing In Any Cryptocurrency, Blockchain Project, Or Ico, Particularly Those That Guarantee Profits. Furthermore, Coinworldstory Does Not Guarantee Or Imply That The Cryptocurrencies Or Projects Published Are Legal In Any Specific Reader’s Location. It Is The Reader’s Responsibility To Know The Laws Regarding Cryptocurrencies And Icos In His Or Her Country. Please Respect Your Country Law & Take Advice From Your Advisor .