Even firms like The Sandbox, who are major players in the metaverse, are not immune to cyber attacks. Hackers recently gained access to the business’ Instagram account, raising questions about its security protocols.
Malicious actors took control of The Sandbox’s official Instagram account on April 11 and started spreading a hoax that drove people to a phoney “second” SAND airdrop website where they had to sign up for an allowlist.
The phishing website looked a lot like The Sandbox’s main website, however it was a static page that asked visitors to link their wallets. After regaining control of their account, the business sent a Twitter caution to users not to click any links. The Sandbox is looking into the issue right now and will give its users an update soon.
Hackers and con artists are proliferating in the bitcoin sector, hunting for their next prey. Due vigilance and precaution must be taken as a result in order to safeguard against harmful efforts.
A large corporation has been the target of a cyberattack before, and these intrusions are not uncommon. Here are some safety suggestions:
- Keep the seed phrase for your wallet secret.
- Before investing in ventures or responding to shady messages, do your own investigation.
- Before clicking on any links or websites, double-check them. Check slugs, look for hypertext links, and look at the buttons.
- Check official sources and other social media platforms to confirm the veracity of the report.
- Before making any final decisions, always scan and check addresses, such as contract, sender, etc.
- Prioritize your safety and security and seek assistance from authorised sources.