About Selfkey Wallet
Selfkey Wallet is a fast-growing blockchain startup developing digital identity solutions. They empower individuals and corporations to take back ownership of their identity data. The SelfKey Foundation has obtained the Regulatory Sandbox License (RSL) from the Board of Investment of Mauritius. This RSL license allows SelfKey to develop identity products with a greater level of regulatory certainty, in line with the mission to allow individuals to truly own and control their digital identity.
Being approved by the Mauritius BOI, reaffirms our project’s potential and positions us under the scrutiny and monitoring of a regulator, which can help us to meet established milestones. Mauritius has been referred to as “Ethereum Island” and is becoming an international hub for blockchain startups.
Advancing Individual Freedoms & Rights
SelfKey is building a blockchain-based identity system that allows identity owners to truly own, control and manage their digital identity. At the very heart of this individual freedom, lies control over our personal identity data. However, this information is stored in centralized databases, prone to data breaches and security hacks. As technology digitizes the world, outdated paper-drive systems cannot be relied upon. Blockchains allow us to build a more private, secure, and transparent identity system that respects our individual freedoms.
Selfkey Wallet is a blockchain technology startup developing innovation in digital identity management, empowering individuals (and corporations) to truly own, control, and manage their personal data. With data breaches happening every week, our mission is to change how the world manages and processes identity transactions using blockchain technology. This will create a safer world where our personal data and privacy is protected.
During the token sale in January 2018, Selfkey reached the ‘Public Sale Max Cap’ in 11 minutes, raising $22M. The blockchain identity management market is expected to grow from $90.4 Million USD in 2018 to $2 Billion USD by 2023, at an annual growth rate of 84.5%.
The SelfKey Network consists of the most promising fintech and blockchain startups that are helping us realize the vision of self-sovereign identity. Our worldwide partners include notable law firms, banks, notaries, translators, accounting firms, and government officials. With many of their products and services listed in the SelfKey Marketplace, it is the one-stop-shop to explore, compare, and instantly sign up for a broad range of financial, corporate, immigration, and cryptocurrency related services.
Work Remote at SelfKey
The Selfkey Wallet team is spread across 20 countries – we love being an international team. Working remotely gives the team the freedom to work from where they want, when they want. Every Friday, there is a company-wide meeting to go over key objectives, priorities, and to stay updated on what everyone is working on. Twice a year, we host meetups so the team can meet face to face. Previous meetups have been in Spain, Portugal, London, and Thailand.
Your Identity. Your Crypto keys. Your Data. Your Wallet.
Safely share your KYC, send crypto, and access financial services in SelfKey marketplace with a single click. Take the first step in regaining control of your personal information and digital identity. Collect your identification documents, manage your ERC20 tokens and open a business abroad from within the SelfKey Wallet.
The Selfkey Wallet Identity Wallet allows you to manage all your ERC20 tokens from one convenient location. The light-weight desktop application not only provides an intuitive interface with the Ethereum blockchain, but it also shows the real-time fiat value of your tokens. In the Wallet you will also find the Address Book which lets you store commonly used Addresses and consequently saves time when performing a transaction.
How Does The SelfKey Identity Wallet Work?
Besides managing your ERC20 tokens, the Wallet also gives you access to the SelfKey Marketplace. Here you will find a growing service hub, including incorporation services, cryptocurrency exchanges, bank accounts and much more. The incorporations Marketplace launched in March of 2019 and allows you to open a business and pay for it in KEY.
Enjoy One-Click Access to Partner Platforms
Login with SelfKey is a game-changing solution that will enable convenient and secure access to integrated partner platforms with just one click. The Login with SelfKey button will be displayed on the login pages of our partners. Users with a completed SelfKey ID, will be able to register for and sign into these platforms, with unprecedented speed. Download the Wallet to create your SelfKey ID and get ready to use Login with SelfKey.
Tips for securely storing your Selfkey Wallet
- Do your own research. Before sending any coins or private data to a wallet, make sure you have researched the wallet provider to make sure everything is above board. Keep an eye out for scam wallets, such as those using URLs only slightly different to the URLs of legitimate wallet providers, and check out some independent reviews for all the pros and cons.
- Back it up. Make use of your wallet’s back-up and restore facility so that if something ever goes wrong with your wallet, you’ll be able to recover your funds.
- Set a strong password. Now is not the time to be lazy when creating a password; take your time to create a strong and uncrackable code.
- Make use of all available security features. Make the most of all the security features your wallet offers, such as two-factor authentication or multi-signature transactions. It’ll offer increased protection for your funds and greater peace of mind for you.
- Update your antivirus software. Take care to regularly update the antivirus protection and anti-malware software on any device you will be using to access your wallet.
- Keep your private keys private. Last but not least, don’t underestimate the importance of your private keys. Store them somewhere safe and don’t share them with anyone else.