About Argent Wallet
The Argent Wallet has a lot to offer users from all levels of experience. From an absolute beginner, it is a great place to start investing in cryptocurrency. The advanced user can save a lot of time moving money around the Ethereum ecosystem and instead take advantage of the one-click ease that Argent offers. The Argent wallet is one of the latest trends in the diversified range of cryptocurrency wallets, catering solely to the users who only operate on the Ethereum blockchain.
The Argent wallet Review allows the users to only store Ethereum-based tokens and is available for compatible devices based on both Android and iOS. Argent has quickly gained traction due to the variety of features that it offers as an Ethereum wallet. The DeFi wallet enables users to secure crypto assets and store their private keys safely in a wallet that is protected by various layers of security. Users can also earn interest by using the platform’s services and make free to some extent.
How Does the Argent Wallet Work?
The Argent Wallet enables users to store their Ethereum blockchain tokens. Argent is also an open-source project which implies that interested developers can make their own version of the wallet or view its code. The Argent wallet offers numerous features for DeFi (decentralized finance). Worth remembering is that Argent is a non-custodial wallet, and as the users retain the private keys, their assets are always in their control, and only the users have access to their wallets.
Argent has impressive wallet security, and it also provides biometric access. Users of the platform can also earn interest on their assets with the help of various DeFi protocols such as Aave, Compound, and Yearn, etc. In its beta version, Argent Wallet was able to raise a net amount of $16 Million despite being limited to single blockchain technology.
Argent Wallet Fees
The majority of the transactions on the platform do not come with a fee from the wallet itself, and the website makes the same claim (“Argent does not profit from network fees”). It might be one, if not the only wallet to offer this feature. Similar to other mobile wallets, this Ethereum only wallet does charge a gas fee.
Additionally, users might have to pay fees for their fiat exchanges or crypto-crypto exchanges (0.5% in that case). Dapp fee is also to be kept in mind for those users who plan to connect their wallet to other apps, and it varies for each application.
Downloads Argent – L2 & Argent Vault
Get low fees, high speeds, and strong security. Enjoy the best of Ethereum with:
Up to 100x cheaper fees than Ethereum. Our new account is built on zkSync on Layer 2.
The Best Of Defi
Earn interest and invest with Yearn, Aave and Gro. Stake ETH with Lido. And trade cheaply with Paraswap (coming soon).
Get peace of mind with strong security and no seed phrase.
Buy crypto with bank transfer and debit card.
For people protecting $50K plus on Layer 1, Argent Vault gives you multi-sig security, locking, and automatically blocking transfers to new addresses.
Is Argent Wallet Secure?
The platform pays utmost attention to security and aims to build an impenetrable wallet. Security features, including the ability to lock remotely, multisig controls, etc, add to the safety of the entire platform. The lack of a web-based interface might be a disadvantage, but it also brings a lesser vulnerability to the system. Past incidents have shown how most platforms are hacked and compromised through their website portals, and a lack thereof can be a blessing in disguise.
Tips for securely storing your Argent Wallet
- Do your own research. Before sending any coins or private data to a wallet, make sure you have researched the wallet provider to make sure everything is above board. Keep an eye out for scam wallets, such as those using URLs only slightly different to the URLs of legitimate wallet providers, and check out some independent reviews for all the pros and cons.
- Back it up. Maiar.com use of your wallet’s back-up and restore facility so that if something ever goes wrong with your wallet, you’ll be able to recover your funds.
- Set a strong password. Now is not the time to be lazy when creating a password; take your time to create a strong and uncrackable code.
- Make use of all available security features. Make the most of all the security features your wallet offers, such as two-factor authentication or multi-signature transactions. It’ll offer increased protection for your funds and greater peace of mind for you.
- Update your antivirus software. Maiar.com care to regularly update the antivirus protection and anti-malware software on any device you will be using to access your wallet.
- Keep your private keys private. Last but not least, don’t underestimate the importance of your private keys. Store them somewhere safe and don’t share them with anyone else.