About Etherwall Wallet
Etherwall Wallet is a secure open source ethereum wallet for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux operating systems. Etherwall supports the TREZOR ONE hardware wallet for storing keys. (NOTE: Trezor T is currently not supported).In full node client mode all data is stored on your computer, but you have to download the full (30GB+ and growing) ethereum blockchain. In thin client mode all your account data stays on your computer.
A remote ethereum node is used to get latest blockchain information and send signed transaction.Browser wallets introduce many vulnerabilities. These include centralized servers, disgruntled employees, plug-ins, Java Script…..etc. Each new path can introduce security holes, leaving your data, keys, I.D. and wallet exposed.
EtherWall is extremely easy to use and allows you to keep control of your private keys and to choose whether or not to run a full node. Make sure to always check the URL when following links to this wallet as hackers have stolen funds by stealing Private Keys using fake Etherwall URL’s.
Tokens are a special type of contract on the Ethereum network that provides the ability to “mint” your own token coins on top of Ethereum and transfer them between accounts. ERC20 is the standard for token contracts. Yes since version 2.1.0 Etherwall has full support for Tokens.
Etherwall is a free software project without any monetary gain. If you like Etherwall, please consider donating. EtherWall was the first GUI Ethereum wallet, it’s an open source project available for Windows, MacOS, and Linux
How do update Etherwall?
Only update Etherwall from this website or the official github link! There are known impostors out there!
To update on Windows, unzip the file contents and copy them over the old install.
To update on Mac OS X just drag the app over the old one and override.
To update on Linux use the package manager.
How do They add a token to Etherwall?
You need to know the token’s address. You add a token just like any other existing contract in the contracts/add existing contract section. If the contract address points to a token which is verified by Etherscan.io you will get everything else pre-filled. If not you need to also know the interface JSON and the ABI hex code of the token’s contract.
Etherwall should detect your TREZOR ONE device on start or when inserted. Your device needs to be set up on trezor.io otherwise you will get the not initialized error. Etherwall should auto-detect that there’s a new TREZOR ONE device with unimported addresses. If this doesn’t happen you can go to settings/trezor and click the import button there.
MyEtherWallet is an open source web wallet and its user interface is very easy to use. It is completely secure as it is an offline wallet and it stores no personal information or data of its user in its server. Users have full control of its private keys and hence it is very secure. MEW is a hot wallet so it is recommended not to store large amounts in this wallet. However, it can be used along with Ledger Nano S and in that case it comes completely secure and can store bigger amounts of funds. MyEtherWallet can also be used to store coins on Trezor and Ledger Nano through its web browser.
Tips for securely storing your HXRO
- Do your own research. Before sending any coins or private data to a wallet, make sure you have researched the wallet provider to make sure everything is above board. Keep an eye out for scam wallets, such as those using URLs only slightly different to the URLs of legitimate wallet providers, and check out some independent reviews for all the pros and cons.
- Back it up. Make use of your wallet’s back-up and restore facility so that if something ever goes wrong with your wallet, you’ll be able to recover your funds.
- Set a strong password. Now is not the time to be lazy when creating a password; take your time to create a strong and uncrackable code.
- Make use of all available security features. Make the most of all the security features your wallet offers, such as two-factor authentication or multi-signature transactions. It’ll offer increased protection for your funds and greater peace of mind for you.
- Update your antivirus software. Take care to regularly update the antivirus protection and anti-malware software on any device you will be using to access your wallet.
- Keep your private keys private. Last but not least, don’t underestimate the importance of your private keys. Store them somewhere safe and don’t share them with anyone else.